[Micro-ATX] Pentium 2x2.6Ghz + GT210
Hello quite an interesting read an tempting build here. While seeing what is available here in Germany comparing Prices online two concerns arose: Powersupply and noise level.

What about the Noise Level? It was mentioned in earlier in the thread but then dropped. Is the PSU and the Boxed Cooler really silent? What are your recommendations to alter this to a silent build?

Do you consider the G530 a requirement for smooth operation? What about the G465? It is only single core but has a tdp of only 35 watts.

What about a PICO PSU, do you think it can handle the system to run stable?
would this system be capable of handling, Sab, CP, SB?

sound great but would like to be able to run these programs in the background.

thanks!
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
(2012-10-25, 03:15)mccarneychris Wrote: would this system be capable of handling, Sab, CP, SB?

sound great but would like to be able to run these programs in the background.

thanks!

YES, it WILL!! I have this exact same machine (only slightly different motherboard) and with only 2GB of RAM I used to run it 24x7 hosting a VM (virtual machine) with an Asterisk PBX on it. At the same time, the base OS is the one running XBMC and I'd be watching 1080p movies, or streaming from the internet, no problems at all. The CPU performed fantastically topping at no more than 30% usage, and RAM usage was very low too despite having just 2GB total. Actually even 2GB seemed like overkill when looking at the stats.

It's worth noting that the base OS is Linux, that's why it's not resource-hungry Wink Yet I'm running a full rich desktop distro (Linux Mint).

I also have Sab, CP, SB (and even more stuff) running on another Linux machine that happens to be my home-made-NAS too. I just have the 2 machines separate so the slightly more delicate "NAS" is out of the reach of children Wink The point here is that this "NAS" PC has a much less-powerful CPU than the G530.

Overall, this is a highly recommended hardware (particularly the G530), cost effective and powerful. Happy XBMCing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] Pentium 2x2.6Ghz + GT2100