mySQL db stopped working, sort of...
For the last 6 months or so I've been using a mysql db on my media server (win 7) to centralize the db info between my apple tv 2g and my htpc. was working fine until recently. About 2 weeks ago I rebuilt my media server but backed up the db using mysqldump, then when i set mysql up again i dumped it back in and set the proper permissions for the xbmc user.

Things were ok for about a week and a half. the atv seemed to be slowing down so i decided to upgrade (it was nagging for an update anyway) rejailbreak, and reinstall xbmc. done. after putting the advancedsettings.xml file back, it connected and saw my library, but still sluggish.

now the odd part. i did a fresh install of XBMC on my server to test a few things out. after putting the advancedsettings.xml file in this installation, xbmc will boot but wont show anything in my video library. i tried setting the host to localhost, 127.0.0.1, and the internal IP, nothing worked. I went to my HTPC which has had no changes to it at all and was running fine for the last 6 months. rebooted and when it came back up it did not show anything in the video library either.

it also was running very slow, but i think this had to do w/ the recentlyadded script though, as after sometime it threw an error for it. the atv did the same thing and locked up when i have it enabled but seems ok when i disabled it.

i ran a few queries in mysql directly on the db and its seems fine locally. less than 1sec response. rebooted the router in case it was network related, still having issues.

funny thing is the atv will still see the video db ever time i load xbmc, but runs slow. my 2 win 7 machines do not.

any ideas?
well after messing with it until 2am i decided to just scrap the whole thing and start fresh. dropped the db from mysql altogether and created a new one w/ the same name. fired up xbmc and had it rescan my folders and readded to the library. now both my win 7 machines are working fine. atv seems to be ok, still kind of slow but i think thats just the device. recently added still crashes my atv but works fine on my win7 machines. dont know why but i guess i'll just have to disable it for now.
issue solved. this morning my DB disappeared again so i went back to work. after scrapping and rebuilding my db a few times i realized its the ATV that seemed to be killing the db for my other PCs. did some googleing and found that the lastest iOS build changes the DB and "corrupts" i so that my PCs on the last stable build cant see it anymore. rather than downgrade my ATV i grabbed the last nightlies and upgraded the PC. DB seems fine now on all machines. in case anybody else runs into this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mySQL db stopped working, sort of...0