Restart option not working and a nother problem
Hi,

I am new to XBMC and I like the skin a lot, but i do have 3 little problems.

The "restart and exit" funktion under shutdown are doing the same. Both quit XBMC. This is ok for exit but restart should reboot the complete system or maybe just XBMC - not sure about that (I would prefer the complete system). How can I change this. It is working under Confluence - the whole system starts new here.

Every start of XBMC I get a pop-up saying that the "tv guide, weather and latest added" is updated. I know this can be disabled under add-ons and i disabled the 2 options "auto update and notifications" but the pop-up still comes up. The only way was to rename the startup.xml in the skin folder, but this should't be the way.

Is it possible to slow down the scrolling speed in the movie database view somehow?

I am on win 7 32bit and the latest XBMC 10.1 Dharma

A bit help would be nice and sorry for my typos and grammar. I don't need English very often and I was always bad in it. Always had a 4 or 5 at school Rolleyes

Thanks
scorpie
scorpie Wrote:Hi,

1. The "restart and exit" funktion under shutdown are doing the same. Both quit XBMC. This is ok for exit but restart should reboot the complete system or maybe just XBMC - not sure about that (I would prefer the complete system). How can I change this. It is working under Confluence - the whole system starts new here.

I've changed it from Restart to Reboot
Quote:2. Every start of XBMC I get a pop-up saying that the "tv guide, weather and latest added" is updated. I know this can be disabled under add-ons and i disabled the 2 options "auto update and notifications" but the pop-up still comes up. The only way was to rename the startup.xml in the skin folder, but this should't be the way.

This is by design. You can edit the startup.xml to not display the notifications if you like.

Quote:3. Is it possible to slow down the scrolling speed in the movie database view somehow?

Do you mean for the likes of the plot text? If so, I am simply using the system default values.

Quote:A bit help would be nice and sorry for my typos and grammar. I don't need English very often and I was always bad in it. Always had a 4 or 5 at school Rolleyes

Thanks
scorpie

No problem at all.

Thanks,
-stoli-
Quote:1. The "restart and exit" funktion under shutdown are doing the same. Both quit XBMC. This is ok for exit but restart should reboot the complete system or maybe just XBMC - not sure about that (I would prefer the complete system). How can I change this. It is working under Confluence - the whole system starts new here.

Quote:I've changed it from Restart to Reboot

Hm, under shutdown I have hibernate, suspend, timer (these are working), exit (this quits XBMC - i am back on the desktop) and restart (doing the same like exit - I'm back on the desktop)

I don't have a reboot option (not for the whole sys. nor for XBMC. If it is just for XBMC it is not working for me. As i wrote with the skin confluence my windows does a reboot) What is the difference between restart and reboot?

Quote:2. Every start of XBMC I get a pop-up saying that the "tv guide, weather and latest added" is updated. I know this can be disabled under add-ons and i disabled the 2 options "auto update and notifications" but the pop-up still comes up. The only way was to rename the startup.xml in the skin folder, but this should't be the way.

Quote:This is by design. You can edit the startup.xml to not display the notifications if you like.

What do I have to change there? I changed true into false but this is not working. I don't have a clue.

Last thing, can I use your latest svn with 10.1 Dharma?

Thanks again
scorpie Wrote:Hm, under shutdown I have hibernate, suspend, timer (these are working), exit (this quits XBMC - i am back on the desktop) and restart (doing the same like exit - I'm back on the desktop)

I don't have a reboot option (not for the whole sys. nor for XBMC. If it is just for XBMC it is not working for me. As i wrote with the skin confluence my windows does a reboot) What is the difference between restart and reboot?

You don't have reboot because I just added it. It was restart which was supposed to just restart XBMC but that doesn't work in most installations unless xbmc is the shell.

Quote:What do I have to change there? I changed true into false but this is not working. I don't have a clue.

Just remove the lines in startup.xml that begin:

<onfocus>Notification(Startup

Quote:Last thing, can I use your latest svn with 10.1 Dharma?

You can, but some items are not going to work right...
-stoli-
Oh, ok thanks for the explanation.

scorpie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restart option not working and a nother problem0