Bloglines rss script

here ya go guys. introducing bloglines. this script will grab your subscriptions in bloglines and show all the updated items. you have the choice of whether or not to mark them read or keep them unread for updating later on your desktop.

if you don't have a bloglines account, go get one and import all your rss feeds into it. its a great way to use rss. i have all my rss feeds in bloglines and my desktop agregator reads from them on my desktop, work computer, notebook, and blackberry. this way i never have dupes when checking my news/blogs. its great. now we can check with xbmc.

please log all bugs/problems on this thread.

update: i've edited the script to fit a bit better on tvs, let me know if it looks bad on yours.
hi guys

has anyone had any success using this with their own bloglines account ?

it works ok with the default settings , but when i edit bloglines.py to add
my own details and run it, it just hangs up on adding 0 new feeds.

cheers
just to clean up after him, he got it working.... he posted that over at x-s
this script works great. thanks for it.
glad you like it. i thought there would be more excitement over it since there is no real decent rss reader andthis can link into your bloglines account. heh, oh well.. i didn't make it for praise Smile
absolutely great and handy script.
i do have a slight problem though.

the actual news text at the right-bottom always ends in a:
'blahblablahblablahblablahbla... 1/1 ^v'
in you example screenshot that would be:
'reserving non-competitive... 1/1 ^v'
there is no way i can navigate to this news section (probably because there's always only 1 page).

keep up the good work.

update/
actually the news appears exactly as it appears when watching it on the bloglines site. so must have nothing to do with your fabulous code :kickass:
/update
yah, some feeds only show a short description. check your sites and sometimes they will provide a feed with full articles.

glad the script is useful to you!
ok so i'm fairly new at using the rss.
yesterday i had 3 feeds in the list. now there are 23, including your newzbin feeds (thanks for that!Wink. but:

why are there only about 7 feeds appearing in the bloglines rss script while all 23 appear op my account on the bloglines site. the feed list page is also only '1/1 v^'
its great works really well :kickass:
(reab @ mar. 17 2005,16:48 Wrote:why are there only about 7 feeds appearing in the bloglines rss script while all 23 appear op my account on the bloglines site.
the bloglines script will only show the feeds that have unread items. if a feed doesn't have any new unread items, then it wont show in the list.

(reab @ mar. 17 2005,16:48 Wrote:yesterday i had 3 feeds in the list. now there are 23, including your newzbin feeds (thanks for that!Wink.

go here and grab a bookmarklet, it will enable you to add a site's rss feed on the fly and add it to your bloglines account.

http://www.bloglines.com/help/easysub?tip=6
the bookmark thingy tops it! :thumbsup:
it doesent work , it just hangs on adding 0 items? whats going on
ok fixed the first prob but when i choose something to read it doesent do anything
how many feeds do you have? there have been reports that the xbox-scene feed isn't working, i'll have to look at that. from my experience though, the xbox-scene feed is pretty weak and ghetto.

their feeds don't even validate. try another feed like, from engadget or slashdot, or the xbmc news site http://feeds.feedburner.com/xbmc Smile
ive tried lots of different feeds even the ones in your screen shot but it just wont display the actual story Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bloglines rss script0