10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)
rflores2323 Wrote:I went to nitotv and it doesnt show an update available. Also I am on .7 and 4.1.1. Do I have to upgrade my atv2 and then jailbreak and reinstall xbmc to get the .9 release? Orwill it work on 4.1.1 . What is the main difference also? My .7 installl works great amd im not having problems but want to see what im missing
I was in the same boat as you. But I decided to upgrade so not to stay too far behind the official build. I jail breaked with Seasonpass and re-installed XBMC, updatedbgone. I also set audio to 16 bit. Everything is running great.
rflores2323 Wrote:Do I have to upgrade my atv2 and then jailbreak and reinstall xbmc to get the .9 release? Orwill it work on 4.1.1 .

You don't need to update iOS to install 10.0-9. You only need to update iOS if you want to take advantage of new features in iOS. XBMC 10.0-9 runs fine on 4.1.1. This is what I'm using. I updated using the apt-get method. I don't know why NitoTV wouldn't be picking up the fact that there's an update available. Several people on these forums have mentioned that they have updated using NitoTV, so my suggestion is just to give it a try, even if it says it can't see an update
Just updated from 10.0.7 to 10.0.9 and the navigation seems faster (at least in the confluence skin). However, I get around 30%-40% CPU usage when XBMC is idle at the menu. Is this normal? I used to have ~20% and I was expecting that this value would drop considerably with the dirty regions update...
nmat Wrote:I was expecting that this value would drop considerably with the dirty regions update...

I think that the dirty regions update is disabled by default - it certainly was when it was announced on the xbmc.org homepage. So if you haven't done so already then modify the advancedsettings.xml like THIS to enable dirty region support. The comments under the announcement recommended using setting "1" (union) rather than "2" (cost reduction)
10.0 != master. AFAIK its cherry picked fixes from master but not entire master. I don't think d-r is picked.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:10.0 != master. AFAIK its cherry picked fixes from master but not entire master. I don't think d-r is picked.

I received a PM from Keith about 10.0-9 when it was pushed out which suggests that d-r is included in the release

keith Wrote:Also Dirty Regions works now, but buggy on atv2 still.
Hum... I thought I saw a post from davilla saying that it was included in this version. But thanks for the hints, I am going to check it.
ok I udpated to the 10.0.9 and now when I go to xbmc and the skin starts it freezes.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
DR is in the last build, but it is not enabled by default

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...regions.3E

Do that and you'll have DR.
@topfs2 the ios/atv2 "releases" are not cherry-picked features but just trunk ... 10.0-9 versioning might be a bit missleading though Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:@topfs2 the ios/atv2 "releases" are not cherry-picked features but just trunk ... 10.0-9 versioning might be a bit missleading though Wink

yeah seems like a very missleading naming Smile Was all I went on tbh, hehe
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have keith's nightly from June 17. How can I upgrade to this -9 version?
Just SSH into your atv2, and then execute the following commands:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

If that doesn't work try the following:

Code:
apt-get update
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

EmKay
I enabled DR and CPU usage in the main menu really came down. It was at 0% most of the time. However when I went to the movies/tv shows menu, it rose to 80%-90%. I guess that there are still issues to be solved so I will keep DR deactivated for now. Thanks a lot for the help
keith Wrote:Nightlies and official are the exact same code, the master xbmc branch. So yes EVERYONE always upgrade to official! Official is better than nightlies because it's through the proper repos. Smile

someone noticed the contradiction on the nighlies bit? or is it Just the Capitalized N that makes all the "official" difference... must be a mistake by large omission on the statement.

Memphiz Wrote:@topfs2 the ios/atv2 "releases" are not cherry-picked features but just trunk ... 10.0-9 versioning might be a bit missleading though Wink

only a bit.... or a LOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)0