10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)
procrastinator Wrote:You don't need to update iOS to install 10.0-9. You only need to update iOS if you want to take advantage of new features in iOS. XBMC 10.0-9 runs fine on 4.1.1. This is what I'm using. I updated using the apt-get method. I don't know why NitoTV wouldn't be picking up the fact that there's an update available. Several people on these forums have mentioned that they have updated using NitoTV, so my suggestion is just to give it a try, even if it says it can't see an update

Can anyone else confirm this? I would hate to go through the trouble of updating ios, etc if there isn't any added value to it + 10.0.-9...
I am using 4.1.1 with 10.0.9 and it runs fine.
nmat Wrote:I am using 4.1.1 with 10.0.9 and it runs fine.

Fantastic - thanks!
Guys,

also here im struckling with high CPU usage! 90-96 in films and 60-80 in menu resulting in heavy load and causing delay, shuttering, crash and lots of inconvenience.

Im just a bit of a noob and need to help. How do i edit the dirty regions to see if this will help me?

Currently running ATV2 ios 4.3 with jailbroken (not known version) and XBMC pre 11 (10.9) installed through nito. Content taken from NAS drive which are not giving me any problems when HTPC are accessing it.
mfwilli Wrote:Fantastic - thanks!

I was in the 4.1.1 as well but I decided to update to the latest firmware to use the air features and the youtube was not working anymore.

according to the jailbreak news the ios 5 will be more difficult to jailbreak so its better to updated now!
groenbek Wrote:Guys,

also here im struckling with high CPU usage! 90-96 in films and 60-80 in menu resulting in heavy load and causing delay, shuttering, crash and lots of inconvenience.

Im just a bit of a noob and need to help. How do i edit the dirty regions to see if this will help me?

Currently running ATV2 ios 4.3 with jailbroken (not known version) and XBMC pre 11 (10.9) installed through nito. Content taken from NAS drive which are not giving me any problems when HTPC are accessing it.

Connect via SSH (see the sticky FAQ if you don't know what it is), go to the userdata folder (check the wiki, but I would say that's somewhere around /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata), create the file advancedsettings.xml with the contents:

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
 <
gui>    
  <
algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
 </
gui>
</
advancedsettings

I decided to turn it off because I got really high CPU usage outside of the main menu.
Hi all, brand new XBMC user here. Just installed this on my iPad and the interface is beautiful! It's extremely slow for me, though. Since I'm a new user, I wasn't sure as to how the interface is supposed to work, but I can't seem to find a way to scroll through the main banner (the one displaying Pictures, Video, Music, Programs, etc.). Is there an easy way to do this? I can't figure out the gestures.

Also, upon initial setup, I chose banners instead of posters and I was wondering how I can change back to posters. Can someone point me to where it is exactly in the settings or how I may reset my folders so that the banners no longer show? Like I said, the interface seems to respond very slowly for me, so it's hard for me to navigate through all of the options.

Aside from that, the player is great. I have it networked to one of my shared Windows drives and it's handled all of the 720p shows and movies that I've thrown at it. No stutters. Great player!
So I know I should know this, but if I upgrade using nitotv on 4.1.1 do I need to back up any userdata folder or am I good? (on atv2).
rflores2323 Wrote:I went to nitotv and it doesnt show an update available. Also I am on .7 and 4.1.1. Do I have to upgrade my atv2 and then jailbreak and reinstall xbmc to get the .9 release? Orwill it work on 4.1.1 . What is the main difference also? My .7 installl works great amd im not having problems but want to see what im missing

There is a new version of nitotv which is why, do the following to get it:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Regards,
@nmat: thx for it! Just before doing this i wonder if this is the correct way to go?
What could be other reasons for high cpu ussage, delay in playing, shuttering and more?
alright... tried two things here.

1. added the advancedsettings.xml but this did not help to reduce the cpu ussage.

now it went back to basic. I was told best way for a stable version now is to get 10.1 and upgrade from here. in order not to get pre 11 build.

So i went step by step through this guide here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101833 and i came across a problem that I could not pull from hadm site. It gave me 404 page or file not found.

Instead i pulled from the official mirror site version 10.1. Got it down to root by following the guide and now comes my issue. In attached paste you see the error where my atv2 cant find the file. In bitvise i can see the file is in root so i cant see the problem.

Any suggestions?

http://pastebin.com/WYaKQvja
Everyone complaining about cpu not going down with d-r. Its development, its in progress. its not finished which is why we have no new stable. CPU increase on iOS is known (with unknown cause).
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
well... got wround it and had success to install it with the poor sight its still pre 11 build :-(

Guys,.. how do i downgrade to dharma build?
@topfs2 I wasn't complaining at all. Just pointing out what happened. I would never complain from a free product like this Wink

@groenbek you can try to downgrade to 10.0.7. See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=823...tcount=251

EDIT: @groenbek, I just saw that you are using iOS 4.3 so 10.0.7 is not an option unless you don't need hardware decoding. Sorry. I guess that you will have to use 10.0.8/9 or the nightlies.
Hi nmat,

I'm ready to suggestions and have no clue if iOS 4.3 with hardware decoding should be better than many happy 4.1.1 users in here!! ;-) Therefore should the best performance be on the older stuff im up for that.

Young brooms might sweep the floor the quickest but the old once knows how to take the corners best ;-)

Therefore... Pls educate mé.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0-9 Released (is it faster?)0