problem with installing xbmc on aptv2
I managed to jailbreak my aptv2 with Seasonpass, so far so good. Now I have to put on xbmc, but it wont let me for some reason. I admit, I am NOT the usual go-to-guy when peeps need computers fixed, but I do know how to follow an instruction/step-by-step guide. However, I am about to give up Sad

I am following this guide:

$ ssh root@<din ATV2 IP adresse>

root@<din ATV2 IP adresse>'s password: [Skriv dit kodeord her, det burde være "alpine" medmindre du har ændret det.]

# apt-get install wget

# wget -O- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add -

# echo "deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list

# echo "deb http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2 ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list

# apt-get update

# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

I have my powercable inserted, and a microUSB from aptv2 to my macbook pro. I have opend a Terminal, and I've managed to connect to my aptv2.

When I c/p # apt-get install wget I end up with this:

E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xmbc.list (dist)
E: The list of sources could not be read

and thats the end of my sad story so far Confused

Please, someone help me, so I can hang with the xool xbmc users. And please do it so even I understand.
I really apriciate your help everyone, and I am SO sorry, if I posted the wrong place.

Sincerely
miikz
Ok dude,

First of all this is a very good thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101833
But to fill in some simple between the lines stuff.

After it is jailbroken with seasonpass (itunes has restored it to 4.2.2). You need to:

1. Disconnect it from your computer.
2. Hook it up to your television (you dont have to but you'll be able to see whats going on)
3. Make sure that it is connected to internet using ethernet or wifi.
4. Follow the instructions from ....ssh root@(ipaddress) etc.

If you hook it upto your tv now and you seasonpass logo, that will also tell you that the seasonpass jailbreak has worked.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:If you hook it upto your tv now and you seasonpass logo, that will also tell you that the seasonpass jailbreak has worked.

ITs jailbroken allright, its the freakin xbmc I can not seem to get on it:
correct me if Im wrong:
1) I need to have the powercord inserted in aptv2 and to a powersource?
2) I need a usb from computer to aptv2?
3) I need to open a Terminal
4) I need to follow the steps in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101833 ?

- The deal is simple, I can get into my Apple-TV:~ root# but then as I copy/paste one line at a time from step 4, I get : E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xmbc.list (dist) every time.

Thanks for everyones patience with me, I really need the help.
So I tried to follow the instructions from the suggested link, however I still face problems. As mentioned, I have jailbroken my aptv2 succesfully with Seasonpass, I can also connect to it, but as soon as I enter the $ apt-get update && apt-get upgrade command, I get the error and I am not able to carry on.
My aptv2 is connected with a powercord, to the power, and there is a usb from macbook to aptv2. It is impossible both to have hdmi->TV and usb->macbook due to size of the "plugs".
I must be doing something wrong, but what?
Hi

There seems to be a problem in your xbmc.list file.

Just repeat:
# echo "deb http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2 ./" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list

and try "apt-get update" again.

If you still get
E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/XBMC.list (dist)
with capitalized XBMC then you probably have a xbmc.list and a XBMC.list file in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory.

You can check this with:
# ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

In this case you can delete the capitalized XBMC.list with:
# rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/XBMC.list

and try "apt-get update" again.
vankoppen Wrote:Hi

If you still get
E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/XBMC.list (dist)
with capitalized XBMC then you probably have a xbmc.list and a XBMC.list file in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory.

You can check this with:
# ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

When I run this I get: awkward.list bigboss.list nito.list xbmc.list zodttd.list
awkwardtv.list modmyi.com.list saurik.list xmbc.list

however, I can STILL not install xbmc on my aptv2 - Am I frustrated? YES!!
Why are you frustrated? I've already told you what to do.

The output you posted shows, that you have two different xbmc source files 'xbmc.list' and 'XBMC.list' (capitalization matters).

And I've already told you, that, in this case, you can delete the XBMC.list file with:
miikz Wrote:
When I run this I get: awkward.list bigboss.list nito.list xbmc.list zodttd.list
awkwardtv.list modmyi.com.list saurik.list xmbc.list

however, I can STILL not install xbmc on my aptv2 - Am I frustrated? YES!!
Hi miikz did you get this working eventually. Ive got atv2 and wanting to stream live internet tv to my home theatre somehow. Any more progress with you?

cheers
brbell01 Wrote:Hi miikz did you get this working eventually. Ive got atv2 and wanting to stream live internet tv to my home theatre somehow. Any more progress with you?

cheers

You might just want to start over and tell us what issues you are directly having yourself.
Was getting the same message.

followed this instructions and started getting the error at the first line I typed in.

I think this is the code I typed in that messed stuff up:

any suggestions?
2) I need a usb from computer to aptv2?

No, hook up the ATV2 to the TV and network. your ATV2 need a internet connection to download the XBMC/Kodi software.
i was successful in jailbreaking my apple tv via seasons, however now I don't know what to do. I keep seeing that xbmc/kodi does not work with apple tv 2 any more is this trueHuh Whats my next step?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with installing xbmc on aptv21