XMBC freeze in exit
@marcus

There must be a few different things going on for each of us somehow.

You mention you have a 100% process to kill from task manager.

When it locks up here, as I don't have a gui installed, I switch to a console, and there is no process to kill.......but never the less, all is still frozen.
Ok, here is an interesting update:

I have 3 computers, my main desktop, my media box and my netbook. All running Arch. Netbook is 32bit, desktop and media are 64 bit.

Xbmc is obviously on my media box and that is where I am having the freeze on exit issue.

I tried installing XBMC on my desktop, and lo and behold, exit/shutdown/reboot all worked perfectly.

This made me think I had a corrupt package install on my media box. So I uninstalled on the media box, purged all the packages so when I re-installed it would force the packages to be downloaded again. Still got the lock ups.

Ok, tried to install on my netbook. Got the lock ups there too.

The main difference between the three is netbook - intel video, media box - intel video, desktop - nvidia (closed drivers). So it was working on nvidia and not intel.

So, I uninstalled the intel video drivers from my media box and replaced with the generic vesa driver. Exit/reboot/shutdown now work.

So it appears to be an X/intel video driver issue causing the lock ups for me.

Interested to see if this is the same for anyone else.

Cheers.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Very interesting that it only happens on arch.

not really, openelec is affected too since some days (a few weeks). there was no changes xbmc related in this time. maybe its a per default installed addon which was updated so xbmc hangs on stopping python now?
greetings, Stephan

I'm thinking it was the intel update (at least for me) on 16 June. Will have to look at rolling back to see if it fixes the problem.

In the meantime, I have narrowed it down even further to DRI. Disabling DRI solves the problem, but of course, everything slows to a crawl.
Ok, I have solved the issue - at least for myself, but it should work for intel users:

It is a conflict between Xbmc and intel-dri-7.10.3

Solution, downgrade intel-dri and libgl to the following versions:

intel-dri-7.10.2
libgl-7.10.2

Cheers.
Hi,

thank you so much padfoot!!! It's working for me. Just downgraded intel-dri and libgl and exiting xbmc is now not an issue.

For me this is an acceptable workaround. So thanks again!

Kind Regards
Michael
please tell me how to downgrade I am running arch but cannot locate the versions specified.

I am brand new to arch so if you could really spell it out for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Craig
@ iscraigh

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dow...g_Packages will give you details on downgrading.

Firstly look in /var/cache/pacman/pkg to see if the earlier versions are there. If so, you can simply:
Code:
# pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/<pkg name> [/var/cache/pacman/pkg/<pkg name>]

Make sure you list all packages to downgrade in the one command due to dependency requirements.

If you don't have the packages in /var/cache/pacman/pkg, you can download from A.R.M. (Arch Rollback Machine) here http://arm.konnichi.com/
Check the last updated date on the Arch website and you will find the previous version on the day before in A.R.M. Once downloaded, use the pacman -U command as before, changing the path of the packages to your selected download location.

Cheers.
Thanks padfoot worked like a charm, starting to really like arch.

Craig
Well, this is not caused by any intel driver. I also have this using OpenELEC's ION build, and there is no intel driver there..
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
After some discussion with others in the Arch forums, as users of ati and nvidia (nouveau) are experiencing the same problem.

The common package between us all (and hence why nvidia closed drivers are not affected) is libgl.

So I ask anyone having this issue who is using intel, ati or nouveau to try the following and report back:

Downgrade:
ati-dri / intel-dri / nouveau-dri to 7.10.2
libgl to 7.10.2

Hopefully this should solve the issue.

Cheers.
@ newphreak

I suspect your drivers are using libgl-7.10.3

See if you can also downgrade to 7.10.2

Cheers.
Hi,

i install gentoo and xbmc 10.1. I have a Intel I3 2100T and finally configure to use full Intel HD2000 power of this graphic card inside I3. But, when try to exit... http://pastebin.com/gifjxgmX no luck...

I'm following this coments, but
emerge --search opengl
* virtual/opengl
Latest version available: 7.0
Latest version installed: 7.0
Size of files: 0 kB
Homepage:
Description: Virtual for OpenGL implementation
License:
don't know exactly wich version...

But my question is, there is a posible work arround, can i customize the action executed by exit button of XBMC to run script that kill XBMC process?

Finally if i use suspend... happend something diferent... http://pastebin.com/wBLw06rd go black screen... but dont turn off...

QUESTION: Can customize exit button?

Thanks.
anyone know if this is reported as a bug? whould be nice with a real bugfix...
Ok,confirmed.

It is a conflict with Xbmc and libgl-7.10.3
Everyone who has downgraded to libgl-7.10.2 no longer experiences lockups.

Hopefully libgl-7.11.0 will resolve the issue (currently in release candidate so it should not be long before we can test it).

@ miind - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11690

@ josejuan.montie - sorry, I am not familiar with Gentoo and emerge. Perhaps asking in the Gentoo forums may give results on how to find your installed version and how to downgrade.

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC freeze in exit1