• 2(current)
HTPC Build Review
I had went through the ones over on the OCZ forum a couple months ago when I built my new desktop. I was going off memory when I set up this one and forgot about the indexing service. It just catches me off guard that indexing would cause that much of a problem, since the system is supposed to suspend the operation when the user is working.

Makes me wonder if the same build and a HDD would actually be able to handle a 1:1 1080p rip based on all the problems I've been having with stuttering. On a completely different note, is there a reason why my trailers aren't working in the Aeon MQ skin? I have them put in each individual folder and named movie-trailer.

Trailers are enabled and set to window view. I do get the dialog that says "Press up to view trailer", but as soon as I press Up, the menu pops out of the left side?
have you updated your library?

have you reloaded the info for your specific movie?

is your trailer named --> MovieName-trailer.mkv??

and is it placed in the root of your MovieName folder?
The library has been updated and I keep the .nfo files locally that I generate with Media Companion. Each individual movie has it's own folder and inside that folder most movies have a trailer named movie-trailer.ext

I read that if each movie gets it's own folder, that naming is sufficient. It was working in the Confluence skin, just not with Aeon for some reason.
well im setup as you are and im using AEON skin too..
i have no issues with Trailers :/

i wonder whats whats going on now....

HighLight a movie, press 'i' key, the select RELOAD

it'll say 'Found locally stored info, ignore and refresh from internet?'

answer NO

works now?
This is what I get when I press up on either the remote or the keyboard. The menu slides out from the left side.

eskro Wrote:well im setup as you are and im using AEON skin too..
i have no issues with Trailers :/

i wonder whats whats going on now....

HighLight a movie, press 'i' key, the select RELOAD

it'll say 'Found locally stored info, ignore and refresh from internet?'

answer NO

works now?

did u do this?
Oh sorry, I neglected to tell you, yes I did do that and the picture I posted was taken after following your instructions.

If I open the information about the movie and choose the "Trailer" button, it works. Just pressing up doesn't.
hmmm,,, something must have been altered...
i think there's a way to tell AEON skin if you want or not want
that trailer button on the info panel...

the menu that appears on the left of the screen like on your image,
check each and every option there is there!
look carefully!
there's got to be something about trailer there!!
Yeah, it's under the one at the bottom that says "Extra Panel" and says "Enable Trailer Button", but it's enabled.
Have you then tried to unInstall/reInstall the SKIN again?

If your still out of luck,

i strongly suggest you ask on the AEON MQ2 sub-forum section....

~good luck~
I'm just getting so frustrated. Everything was working perfectly up until today. I last used the HTPC about a week ago. I turned it on today to find the stuttering was back on all my 1:1 BD rips. I initially thought it was caused by the new unRAID server, so I dropped the movie back on my Synology where it was working perfectly a week or so ago. It's stuttering when playing from there as well.

Everything is gigabit and I can drop files on the unRAID from my desktop at upwards of 75MB/s depending on the file size.

It even stutters with XBMC closed and playing right from MPC.

Can someone help me before I decide to throw everything in the trash! I've poured hundreds of hours and a decent amount of cash into this setup and can't get it running properly. Is it this HTPC I built just not able to handle the load? Should I throw more money at it and upgrade? I just want it to work. Sad
I'd get rid of it and get some sort of media streamer....You're obviously not cut out for this hobby.
C'mon Mallet21 Tongue

Lets help him Tongue

Move the file on your HTPC's desktop,,,

Play it from there, does it plays fine??
eskro Wrote:Move the file on your HTPC's desktop,,,

Play it from there, does it plays fine??

I can't. I went with the 40GB SSD drive, over provisioned to 32GB. The file is 33GB, so it would never fit.

I downloaded the "Killer Birds" video that claypigeon linked to earlier in this thread. It stutters both locally and when streaming.
obviously, there's something wrong....

you'll need to triple check your stuff again...

uninstall video drivers (specially)...

make sure you install latest drivers for everything...
http://www.asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Mo...3&o=Win764

make sure in XBMC that DXVA2 is enabled....

follow my SSD Optimization guide --> http://ow.ly/1sTqyC
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Build Review0