Can XBMC Play videos purchased from any Video Service?
I'm wondering if there is anyway XBMC can play videos purchased from mainstream video services such as amazon.com? Right now it seems like there is not really a good video service that you can directly buy videos from and then have they playable on all the devices or ways that you want. I would like to buy some more videos from amazon, but now that I have a nice XBMC with a video library setup in the living room, I don't want to use amazon's desktop app to play videos, I want to be able to watch the videos with XBMC and integrate them with my media center.

I'm sure there will be some DRM involved, I guess the question is can the XBMC video player handle any kind of DRM? If I remember windows media player at least used to be able to play amazon's videos with the DRM they had. Wondering if this is possible at all?

Edit: Just realized Amazon unbox doesn't even support storing videos on a NAS or even a mapped drive to a NAS. That makes this idea more unlikely :/ However I am going to try some of the videos that I downloaded in the past

Edit: Also what is the status of blu-ray support for XBMC? I put a blu-ray player in my HTPC that runs XBMC, although I don't have any blu-rays, I figured I'd be dumb not to. Is there any way I can watch blu-ray's with XBMC directly from the disk?
Playing Amazon videos is possible, but not with the core XBMC player. I had to setup Windows Media Player as an external player in the core player settings, then when I try and play a file from Amazon WMP is automatically laucnched full screen. A little configuration of my remote, and now when I hit stop WMP quits and I'm right back in XBMC.

It was a little complicated to setup, but it works well for me.
pkscuot Wrote:Playing Amazon videos is possible, but not with the core XBMC player. I had to setup Windows Media Player as an external player in the core player settings, then when I try and play a file from Amazon WMP is automatically laucnched full screen. A little configuration of my remote, and now when I hit stop WMP quits and I'm right back in XBMC.

It was a little complicated to setup, but it works well for me.

Interesting that should work, I will try that out. So the videos are just playng in separately in wmp i guess, with xbmc just serving as a shrtcut to it really

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC Play videos purchased from any Video Service?0