Waking up from standby takes two tries
Question 
I am running XBMC Live Dharma. Whenever my htpc is in standby mode (S3) and I want to wake it up by pressing the power button, the following happens:

* At the first press, the pc seems to wake up. The standby led goes black, disks and fans start spinning, occasionally (but not always) I can see XBMC on the TV screen that it is attached to.

* Then after just a few seconds, the htpc goes into standby again, all by itself.

* When I then press the power button again, the computer wakes up for the second time. This time, it stays awake.

Does anyone have any clue how I can get my pc to wake up and stay awake at the first press?
I think I found it ... There was a BIOS setting where I could choose the wake-up to be triggered by the BIOS or by the OS. I switched it from BIOS to OS, and now it seems to be fine.

Next question of course would be why I can't wake the machine up through the remote, but that's an entirely different issue.
I think resume on remote has been somewhat covered to death on these forums.

perhaps you need to configure this properly... have a search, Im terrible replacement for forums search and google.

cheers
Thanks, I know Smile Have been trying all of it several times, I believe. But now I need to do that with renewed energy, because now I am sure that it has nothing to do with the issue of having to press the power button twice to wake up the machine Big Grin
brulsmurf Wrote:I think I found it ... There was a BIOS setting where I could choose the wake-up to be triggered by the BIOS or by the OS. I switched it from BIOS to OS, and now it seems to be fine.

Wait - cancel that. The same issue remains.
update bios? I still maitain by my previous post btw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Waking up from standby takes two tries0