• 8(current)
[WIP]Woody A PLEX Skin For XBMC Frodo
Excellent! I modded this skin on Plex to replace to wood with some textured gray background more to my liking, and now I'm trying to go back to XBMC from plex using PleXBMC (mainly for the subtitle support), so your skin would be most welcomed here to make the transition seamless for the wife & kids!

Hope you release something soon.
I'm getting "Addon does not have the correct structure" error when I try to install this via the zip file. Tried redownloading it and got the same errors. Using OpenELEC 2.9.5 Frodo release.
@wolfbiker:
The zip you download from GitHub is just the files in the GIT repo compressed.
GitHub does not create a XBMC install zip for you. GitHub wasn't specifically made for XBMC you know Wink

So to get it to go, unzip it manually and put it in your XBMC userdata folder under addons.
i've downloaded other skins from github with no issue. it's because there was a folder with the skin folder within it. i had to extract it then recreate the zip with the proper folder structure. i'm using openelec so i can't just drop it in my addons folder.
Will update github withing the next 24 hours have been away not much new in the next commit just a new view for tv and some small code changes hopefully will get another view coded up and pushed to git after that will work on the different layers eg: TV show/season/episode

I must be an idiot because i cant get a repo up and running what so ever i am sure i will work it out but until then it will be github only Iwill look at alpha builds soon dialogs wont be done but the major used areas will be coded up except pvr will start working on that once i have more of the skin coded up.
(2012-11-28, 12:26)Zeflash Wrote: Excellent! I modded this skin on Plex to replace to wood with some textured gray background more to my liking, and now I'm trying to go back to XBMC from plex using PleXBMC (mainly for the subtitle support), so your skin would be most welcomed here to make the transition seamless for the wife & kids!

Hope you release something soon.

Woody for xbmc won't be ready for everyday use for a while if you like i can add your grey texturesto skin as a default theme option
Love the skin! Great work Zombie. Smile

How do I turn off the .xml titles at the top left and right?
(2012-12-03, 22:01)mpalatsi Wrote: Love the skin! Great work Zombie. Smile

Thanks mpalatsi I will work on getting an update to my ghihub account today and will explain how to get rid of the developer info on front page soon
(2012-12-03, 22:01)mpalatsi Wrote: Love the skin! Great work Zombie. Smile

Explained a few pages back
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1228977

Great work on the skin so far Smile
Your skin looks amazing. Looking very much forward to a release
I know that the last post was a mont ago. But still this seems like the only decent skin for xbmc and I would really like to try it out.
But when I compile it from source and tries to install it on Frodo I just get either "wrong file structure" or "dependecies not met" as a toast message.

This is the debug info:

Code:
11:54:55 T:140442319832960    INFO:   msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: /home/joez/Downloads/skin.woody.zip/icon.png Error: (0)
11:54:55 T:140442319832960   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /home/joez/Downloads/skin.woody.zip/icon.png

Do anyone have any idea how I compile from source?
Okay, fixed it. I know how to program but never touched xbmc skinning before (the xml structure makes me nauseous), but in the add-on xml the xbmc.gui needs to be changed to 4.0.0 if you're using Xbmc 12. I have no idea how stable this skin is on Frodo.

But once I tried it, I'm actually thinking about forking it if I get the permission if I have any problems (it's github so I guess I won't need it, but still, I want to be fair).
(2013-02-20, 13:17)joezorry Wrote: Okay, fixed it. I know how to program but never touched xbmc skinning before (the xml structure makes me nauseous), but in the add-on xml the xbmc.gui needs to be changed to 4.0.0 if you're using Xbmc 12. I have no idea how stable this skin is on Frodo.

But once I tried it, I'm actually thinking about forking it if I get the permission if I have any problems (it's github so I guess I won't need it, but still, I want to be fair).

Go for it dude fork away production of the original plex skin woody as far as I know has been stopped but I will have to check on that I don't have the Photoshop skills to finish on my own I would love to finish woody as far as being Frodo ready this skin shouldn't should take that much work work to bring it up to speed will take a look and see what can be done to get it up to speed.
If you need stuff done in photoshop just make a list and / or show some examples / screenshots.
If you know what it was meant to look like or have wishes.
I'm sure there are plenty here who can do some photoshop for you and would be willing to help out.
I'd gladly give a hand if you need it, because a little photoshop shouldn't stand in the way of all the work you did.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP]Woody A PLEX Skin For XBMC Frodo3