• 1(current)
[WIP]Woody A PLEX Skin For XBMC Frodo
Some of you may know about woody its a awesome looking up and coming skin for PLEX designed by a talented user that goes by the PLEX forum username Timthing and it is currently being coded by Saintjuste.

I have asked Tim/Saintjuste if they didn't mind Me bringing their skin over to XBMC they thought it was a great idea so i got to work.

UPDATE 07th April 2013

Woody is now in active development.

At the moment i don't have a repo/addon but will get one up and running once i reach beta testing stages of the skin.
The current Woody build requires the very latest XBMC nightly builds as it is coded to work with Frodo

The new pictures below (will update soon) are screen shots of my actual build each screen shot is fully coded up.
If you are keen to check out where i am at with Woody you can download it from my github page (link below) expect bugs

This skin will be developed for the use of a mouse and touch (eventually) but main navigation will be standard remote keyboard
Small test video below to see where i am at below also enjoy

My github account

Repo coming very soon

Special thanks to PLEX, Timthing and Saintjuste for this one all credit goes to them.

ZombieRobot Wrote:Some of you may know about woody its a awesome looking up and coming skin for PLEX designed by a talented PLEX user that goes by the PLEX forum username Timthing and it is currently being coded by Saintjuste.

I have asked Tim/Saintjuste if they didn't mind Me bringing their skin over to XBMC they thought it was a great idea so i got to work although i could have used their code and ported it I decided to build on top of confluence (pre-eden build)

The pictures below are screen shots of my actual build each screen shot is fully coded up just need to be tweaked like the home screen lots of things will change, as Woody develops over in the PLEX forums i will update my skin to stay true to the original.

None of the dialogs have been coded up and the skin is still in early development (still 70% confluence and only 12days old) currently 5 views are fully coded up two more to go and the home screen around 50% complete but i thought i would share i will be uploading to my github account soon for anyone who wants to follow the build as i progress.

Special thanks to PLEX, Timthing and Saintjuste for this one all credit goes to them.

Nice!!!Big Grin share this badboy as soon as possible!!!Smile
I love the OSD from original Woody. Not sure if that's possible in xbmc.
Japaja Wrote:I love the OSD from original Woody. Not sure if that's possible in xbmc.

hmmm this OSD??
Views still to be added to Woody.

Actually, I was thinking of this one.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
yeah i think so i want to keep to Timthings design but may have alternate osd in settings
wow that looks amazing.

i seem unable to find the original skin ont he plex forum. does the original (plex) has any media flags cause i do love them Big Grin.

but good luck porting it to xbmc cant wait Big Grin
Wow nice one you've found there. Looks really really good! Looking forward to follow your progress Smile
This is looking very swish I must say. Will give it a try as soon as you make it available.
Jimmeh Wrote:This is looking very swish I must say. Will give it a try as soon as you make it available.

Just got to finish home screen and the other two views then will upload what i got to my github account.

All the dialogs and osd/pvr stuff will still be confluence for now.
This skin has one of the best banner views.....till now... I hope it moves from the skin development forum to the skin support forum.... It shouldn't die as many experimental and promising skins have... All the best , ZombieRobot
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:This skin has one of the best banner views.....till now... I hope it moves from the skin development forum to the skin support forum.... It shouldn't die as many experimental and promising skins have... All the best , ZombieRobot

+1
Wow that looks nice. I shall test it.
I hope it is readable on smaller screens.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP]Woody A PLEX Skin For XBMC Frodo3