Need your help on project mayhem 3
beer! what a wonderful substance makes you talk complete crap!

but pmiii is good :thumbsup:
nothing constructive to say unfortunately, but it's pretty and will be my default skin for a long time to come. thanks for all your hard work!
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/love_tropicana/
audioscrobbler.com + xbmc = happy kids!
choke,
the skin looks great! i have a few questions:

wondering if you intended the videooverlay.xml to not invoke on the main screen? on my other skins it does.

are you intending to place info like the weather on the main screen?

i really like the settings submenu, very convenient not to open a full screen, much quicker.

can you add back in the image on the screens with the flicker filter settings you had on the pm1? it was very helpful with setting the correct number.

can you publish a list of the image names and what they go to within the skin? reason i ask is that i'd like to change some of the images to suit my taste... example: i'd like to change the hard drive icons to icons non-techie people will know and appreciate.

thanks for the killer work!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
simply amazing.
me and my girlfriend loves this skin. my new default.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
@ affini

i disabled the overlays on the homescreen since they would cover the buttons (beta solution)

not sure if i want weather on the homescreen since i would have to make room for it then that would be unused if theres no internet connection

i cant bring the flicker filter image back since all settings are just one xml now...

to learn about the imagesnames, just check the corresponding xml

@ nickman

always the highest achivement to have girlfriends like it - thats not easy at all Wink

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

earlier i think you said you had problems with the home buttons and i'm tending to agree.

i think they just have a 'photoshop' feel to them. it's the combination of the texture, the bevels and the right swooping edge. maybe adjusting the curvature of the swoop would help...? the swoop does kind of echo the logo you have above it
(not following the official logo conventions now are we Wink ).

also i was hoping for an update to the video osd Smile thats probably the hardest thing to change though since there are so many files involved (i think).. recoloring to match the rest of the skin would suffice.

i am liking the rest though! very clean and beautiful.

possible bug changing to a different skin in the appearance setting causes that new skins settings screen to be shown half offscreen, this is on ntsc 4:3. i assume it is related to subpanel-as-settings menu idea you have going.
i am running a march 8 cvs (which you said is not entirely compatible with the skin) and that may be the cause of it.

-ast
(chokemaniac @ mar. 14 2005,00:41 Wrote:@ nickman

always the highest achivement to have girlfriends like it - thats not easy at all Wink
no it isn't :d

so you should be proude.
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
yea - a complete change of home and osd is planned for the final...

maybe we should continiue the discussion at my own mesage boards from now on...

hope to see you there

link

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need your help on project mayhem 30