Don't export a .tbn and fanart if they already exist
Some (not all) of my movies already have a fanart.jpg and folder.jpg in the movie folder.

So when I use the 'export library as individual files' feature, I don't want XBMC to put another copy of these into the same folder. I only want it to do it for movies where there is none in the folder.

But it does, it puts a <moviename>.tbn file and a <moviename-fanart>.jpg file.

These are the exact same as my original fanart.jpg and folder.jpg because of course thats where XBMC got them from. So it looks untidy and seems like a waste of space.

Is it possible to change it so XBMC checks if there is already a poster and fanart in the folder before saving it? I understand that people use different conventions (folder.jpg, moviename.jpg etc) but surely if XBMC can recognize these in order to use them in the GUI then it can apply the same logic here)

Thanks
When you export, there is an option asking whether you want to overwrite or not. I always say no to overwrite if exists and have not had an issue.

Just to note, my naming convention is one movie per folder and eaqch movie is named <the actual moviename>.year.extension
gabbott Wrote:When you export, there is an option asking whether you want to overwrite or not. I always say no to overwrite if exists and have not had an issue.

No that doesnt work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't export a .tbn and fanart if they already exist0