new search method
Hey everybody,

l'm not sure whether His has been already suggested but since I really miss that feature I will post it here:

I would like to have the possibility I when browsing my libraries to simply press the beginning letters of the item l am looking for. So for instance: Pressing M will show all Artists whose have begin with an M. Then pressing E will show only Artists whose name begin by ME. Pressing T then only shows artists with MET and so forth.

I hope l did not formulate this too akwardly and that you will be able to understand what I mean anyway. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Alceste
Just hold the <shift> key while entering the letter.
-stoli-
oh l didn't know this! Thanks! However l am using a remote so there is no shift key. Even if l bind on key of the remote to be the shift key I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable to press 2 buttons Simultaneously... any idea how to solve this?
for remotes You can use FilterSMSx or JumpSMSx explaned here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Damn you're really fast! I just wanted to edit my last comment Wink

EDIT: I just tested the shift function and it is not exactly wht I am looking for: First of all it does not work well with the XBMC plugin for Ghost: WHile usually the numbers in my remote work similiarily to the numbers of a cell phone while writing sms (press 2 twice and you get a "B" press it three times you get a "C" and so forth): for the shift key function to work you have to actually press the numbers directly. Further more you have to be really fast so that it recognizes that the letter you press is part of a series of letters and not a new one. Finally I would like to have some sort of bar, that displays your input: for instance you press b r and a. This should then be displayed somewhere, while actually "Filtering" out all other movies that don't match the string you have typed in.
OKay I just found the "Filter" function of the library inside XBMC. Now I only have to figure out a way to instantly jump to that function by pressing one key on my remote Wink

THank you for your tips!
Okay After doing some reading, I found out about the Keyboard.xml and the FilterSMS* which would be exactly what I was looking for. However the changes I have done to my XML did not lead to the hoped for result:
Now when I press a number in the library view, it is being applied to the filter, but it does not behave "sms" style. when I press "2" twice it will not sort out all movies containing an "a", it will sort out all movies with "22" (I can easily see this, as the skin Transprency displays the applied filter in the sidebar. I do not try to make input via the "on screen" keyboard, that XBMC has built in).
Since until today I always used Eventghost in combination with the XBMC Repeater plugin, I thought I'd simply switch back for the moment. THen I realised, that it also has a FilterSms* function. However trying that one led to the very same result.

Did anyone got this FilterSms* function to work?

BTW: I am using Wn7 64 bit with the current stable release of XBMC.
Anybody?
Please!?
Come on guys there must be someone out there capable and willing to help me get this running!
You propably didn't understand how FilterSMS* work (well this propably need some clarification on wiki):

for example if You want to filter "terminator" you would use 8376462867:
Code:
8 (1 letter from TUV)
3 (1 letter from DEF)
7 (1 letter from PQRS)
6 (1 letter from MNO)
... and so on
instead of what You was trying:
Code:
8 (for T from TUV)
33 (for E from DEF)
777 (for R from PQRS)
6 (for M from MNO)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
pieh Wrote:You propably didn't understand how FilterSMS* work (well this propably need some clarification on wiki):

for example if You want to filter "terminator" you would use 8376462867:
Code:
8 (1 letter from TUV)
3 (1 letter from DEF)
7 (1 letter from PQRS)
6 (1 letter from MNO)
... and so on
instead of what You was trying:
Code:
8 (for T from TUV)
33 (for E from DEF)
777 (for R from PQRS)
6 (for M from MNO)

Ah okay! Is it normal though that it still only displays the numbers in the search filed (I'M not at home now and can't test it to see if it does what I want it to do now).
Great it's working as you said! Thanks! However high say l find it a bit ineffective: it the Filter function was working the way l was expecting it to work it would make the jump function unnecessary!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new search method0