Tool to move movies (and their related files) to their own folders
Currently my Movie source is laid out as follows:

H://Movies/Title (year).avi
H://Movies/Title (year).tbn
H://Movies/Title (year).nfo
H://Movies/Title (year)-fanart.jpg

I am looking for a tool that will Create a folder with the name of the movie and copy the movie and all it's related files into that folder. File2Folder would be perfect, except that it creates a separate folder for the movie's fanart as it is named differently.

Is there any tool that will do this for me? I have over 1,100 movies so doing it manually would far too tedious!

Thanks in advance
Star 
I notice that folder maker is GUI type program... I've used this as a .bat file just cut&paste with notepad and save as filename.bat
--------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off
for %%a in (*.*) do (
md "%%~na" 2>nul
move "%%a" "%%~na"
)
pause
-------------------------------------------------------------
Which creates a folder for everything in a directory (including itself) and sticks the appropriate file into the folder. You might modify this to include the fanart.. note: if successful please post your modifications here for others.
Here is a way to do this.....

1st Move the *-fanart.jpg files to a temp directory
2nd Run the batch command to create your movie directories and move your *.nfo's *.tbn's to.

3rd from the temp directory use a tool called Renamer not the renamer found here http://www.den4b.com/?x=downloads

rename all the files with the *.fanart.jpg to *.jpg

4th use the batch file in the temp folder to create the same folder names as done in step 2.

5th rename all the files back to *.-fanart.jpg

6th. Then Move these folders to your movie folder...overwriting the folder names.

Unless somebody has written a script..this is the only laymans way I can think of doing it.

Good luck
Thurbs Wrote:Here is a way to do this.....

2nd Run the batch command to create your movie directories and move your *.nfo's *.tbn's to.

3rd from the temp directory use a tool called Renamer not the renamer found here http://www.den4b.com/?x=downloads

4th use the batch file in the temp folder to create the same folder names as done in step 2.

6th. Then Move these folders to your movie folder...overwriting the folder names.

Unless somebody has written a script..this is the only laymans way I can think of doing it.

Good luck
That's a good idea, thanks.

One problem: step 5. At this stage all fanarts are in their own folders. Does that program allow you to rename files in subdirectories of the directory in question?

If not, it might allow you to rename folders instead of files. If so you could run the batch file in the temp folder before renaming the files from *-fanart.jpg to *.jpg, then use the tool to rename all the folders instead.

Thanks very much for the tip!
Thurbs Wrote:Here is a way to do this.....

Good luck
Nope, you were right. Did exactly what you suggested and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!
You have a solution but Couch potato will also do all this for you look at the renaming tab.
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

There is more than one way to skin a cat!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tool to move movies (and their related files) to their own folders0