10.0.9 Interlacing
I installed 10.0.9 on my new AppleTV and under Video Settings, "Interlacing Handling" is missing, so some of my movies are all streaky. Did they change the location of Interlacing so I can set it to "De-Interlace"?
Rainbow 
rschell Wrote:I installed 10.0.9 on my new AppleTV and under Video Settings, "Interlacing Handling" is missing, so some of my movies are all streaky. Did they change the location of Interlacing so I can set it to "De-Interlace"?

I had to dig around for this setting as well. Start playing a video, then hold the center button. Choose the video settings from the menu (looks like a film reel). The Interlacing Handling option is there. At the bottom you can set this as default for all movies. This greatly improved SD / XVID performance for me (made them watchable again).

Hope this helps!

Tom
Hi Tom. That's what I'm doing but the Interlace Handling option isn't there in 10.0.9. It used to be there when I ran 10.0.7. now when I click on the reel it just has Render Method, Crop Black Bars, etc, but the Interlace Handling setting is missing from the menu.
Rainbow 
Very odd. I just updated from 10.0.7 to 10.0.9. Pretty standard setup, no MySQL or anything. Have you tried going back to 10.0.7? Is the setting there again? Sorry, don't know what else to have you try...
rschell Wrote:Hi Tom. That's what I'm doing but the Interlace Handling option isn't there in 10.0.9. It used to be there when I ran 10.0.7. now when I click on the reel it just has Render Method, Crop Black Bars, etc, but the Interlace Handling setting is missing from the menu.

What type of video are you playing? I have noticed this option is not available for certain video formats.
My entire library is m4v h.264. The option was there in 10.0.7 and was available on all previous versions I had on PC's going back to 9.04.
it is right where the poster said it was and not under video in the system menu any longer.

Problem is turning it on seems to cause me great grief in serious latency and buffering.
While a movie is playing, I press and hold the center button, then click on the film reel icon and the Video Settings menu pops up. The only options are:

Video Scaling method
Crop Black Bars
View Mode
Zoom amount
Vertical Shift
Pixel ratio
Post-processing
Set as default for all movies
Video calibration

Nowhere is Interlace Method listed in the menu like it used to be. So everybody else running 10.0.9 on an AppleTV 2 has the Interlacing Method showing up under Video Settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.0.9 Interlacing0