• 52(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
I recall that when MLB HLS first came out, it didn't run in OpenElec. We had to get one of the guru's over on the OE forum to compile the mlbhls file for us. I just looked up your box and see that it's android based - so I would bet that you'd need something similar to be done, if it's possible.
I appreciate the info and all your help!
(2014-04-01, 04:06)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 02:57)wootonius Wrote: First of all thank you to divingmule and everyone else who has worked on this project. I have enjoyed the MLBMC app for a while now and greatly appreciate you work!

I am having an issue migrating from MLBMC to MLBMC-HLS on my raspberry pi running the latest version of Raspbmc and MLBMC-HLS version 1.051. I have been able to successfully stream games using MLBMC but I get script errors when I try and run MLBMC-HLS. I have included a complete log pastebin below and after trying to make sense of it I can't seem to get anywhere. The script seems to die when it is doing something with "blackout_status" but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it to fail? I appreciate any guidance you can give me, thanks!

Where I'm getting MLBC-HLS from: https://code.google.com/p/mlbmc-xbmc/downloads/list

Pastebin of my full XBMC logs: http://pastebin.com/0PhWTTpT

MLB.TV Upped the quality of their streams, so that you can get HD without Nexdef.... which should make the MLBMC-HLS unnecessary.

This is incorrect. All they did was update their flash player to use the HLS streams without having the NexDef plugin. The underlying streams are still HLS and exactly the same as they were last year.

The "normal" Flash RTMP streams are still available (for now) -- but the official player no longer uses them at all, so I would expect them to disappear.
Interesting. So it's the standard MLBMC add-on that is likely to cease working. Glad I was able to get the HLS version going. Anyone who's only using the standard plugin right now: I'd suggest you try to get HLS installed now rather than waiting until the night of the game that you just can't miss Smile
It seems that MLB have put a login limit for this year. So is there anyway of logging out using this app as if there is a logging in problem the app seems to continuously request logins until it limits
(2014-04-11, 06:04)speaker219 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 04:06)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-04-01, 02:57)wootonius Wrote: First of all thank you to divingmule and everyone else who has worked on this project. I have enjoyed the MLBMC app for a while now and greatly appreciate you work!

I am having an issue migrating from MLBMC to MLBMC-HLS on my raspberry pi running the latest version of Raspbmc and MLBMC-HLS version 1.051. I have been able to successfully stream games using MLBMC but I get script errors when I try and run MLBMC-HLS. I have included a complete log pastebin below and after trying to make sense of it I can't seem to get anywhere. The script seems to die when it is doing something with "blackout_status" but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing it to fail? I appreciate any guidance you can give me, thanks!

Where I'm getting MLBC-HLS from: https://code.google.com/p/mlbmc-xbmc/downloads/list

Pastebin of my full XBMC logs: http://pastebin.com/0PhWTTpT

MLB.TV Upped the quality of their streams, so that you can get HD without Nexdef.... which should make the MLBMC-HLS unnecessary.

This is incorrect. All they did was update their flash player to use the HLS streams without having the NexDef plugin. The underlying streams are still HLS and exactly the same as they were last year.

The "normal" Flash RTMP streams are still available (for now) -- but the official player no longer uses them at all, so I would expect them to disappear.

Thanks for clarifying it!

Someone may need to correct me (again), but I believe Gotham may be able to natively support the HLS streams if someone could modify the plugin.

(2014-04-11, 14:18)rbrohman Wrote: Interesting. So it's the standard MLBMC add-on that is likely to cease working. Glad I was able to get the HLS version going. Anyone who's only using the standard plugin right now: I'd suggest you try to get HLS installed now rather than waiting until the night of the game that you just can't miss Smile

Do you have any trouble with the HLS version kicking out every few innings. Some games want to play without issues, while others drop out routinely. For me, this is not a new issue, as I had this occurring last year also.
The regular add-on has a setting to use the has streams, but with that checked, highest quality setting is still only 2400. I have not been able to get by the dependency error on the has version, even with the fixes posted. My thoughts is that it may be easier to modify the regular version.
To help avoid getting kicked out, set "Number of seconds to let video cache" to something higher than default. I set it at 80-100+ seconds. It takes a while for the game to start when set like that. But it is better than getting kicked out a few time and getting that stupid too many log in attempts. Then you can't log in for about 30 mins.
(2014-04-11, 20:28)rekinchin Wrote: It seems that MLB have put a login limit for this year. So is there anyway of logging out using this app as if there is a logging in problem the app seems to continuously request logins until it limits
Yeah, I had dropped a game the other night and when I tried to restart it, only the audio started up. I stopped and tried it again, same thing just audio. 3rd attempt was login failure. Went to mlb.TV on computer and was shut down for the night for too many login attempts.
(2014-04-11, 22:36)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Do you have any trouble with the HLS version kicking out every few innings. Some games want to play without issues, while others drop out routinely. For me, this is not a new issue, as I had this occurring last year also.

I was having issues getting kicked out sporadically as well. I would drop back to game selection and get an error along the lines of "MLB-HLS is running. Restart the player?". In add-on settings I turned on the option for file in/out and I haven't had a drop since.

(2014-04-12, 00:16)joeyf Wrote:
(2014-04-11, 20:28)rekinchin Wrote: It seems that MLB have put a login limit for this year. So is there anyway of logging out using this app as if there is a logging in problem the app seems to continuously request logins until it limits
Yeah, I had dropped a game the other night and when I tried to restart it, only the audio started up. I stopped and tried it again, same thing just audio. 3rd attempt was login failure. Went to mlb.TV on computer and was shut down for the night for too many login attempts.

I've had a couple of days this season where I've been locked out for too many logins when I was bouncing between games. I found that it was only about an hour before I was able to get back on. I wonder how many logins it takes to trigger the block.
hi folks, anyone else having trouble getting MLBMC to work over the last 2 days using raspbmc.
I can enter MLB.TV fridays listings, but any attempt to enter saturdays and now sundays just crashes XBMC to a reboot!!!
(2014-04-11, 22:46)cordfree Wrote: The regular add-on has a setting to use the has streams, but with that checked, highest quality setting is still only 2400. I have not been able to get by the dependency error on the has version, even with the fixes posted. My thoughts is that it may be easier to modify the regular version.

Are you using gotham?
(2014-04-05, 03:54)bdjohns1 Wrote: Ok, I managed to get the HLS version of the plugin working again on my RasPi running Raspbmc.

It required a little code modification after reviewing the debug logs - there's something in there about postseason blackout checks that it's not playing nice with. I'm a moron and forgot to save a copy before I started, so no diff file. It's an easy change, though.

Go to line 244 in the plugin folder/resources/mlbtv.py - it's building a display string, and it's trying to append a blackout status on the end (just cosmetic - you don't need it, really)

Delete that if/elif statement so you're left with:

Code:
name = coverage+' - '+call_letters

From there's it's working fine. I'm getting a 4500 stream coming down.

Edit 4/5: Well, sort of working - it will throw another error if you have "get innings list" enabled in the plugin options, and you try to open a game before it's started. I think the HLS version of the code is an older codebase than the non-HLS plugin. If I get ambitious, I'll see if I can merge/update the HLS code into the current plugin. Don't hold your breath though. I'm very amateur when it comes to Python.

If you make mods, i noticed the dependency errors on gotham can be fixed by updated the version #'s of the requires in the addon.xml file. ie python from 2.0 to 2.1.0, beautifulsoup from 3.2 to 3.2.1 and plugin.cache from 2.5.1 to 2.5.4, it then installs properly.
I ran across this service on another forum, www.unblock-us.com, signed up for their free trial to see if I it would work with MLB.TV. It works by adding the DNS they provide to your router. It does work to the extent that I can watch my home team, however there was no sound! PQ was excellent and streaming smooth. Yes there was sound before I made the change and there was sound after I returned my router to its previous state. As a point of comparison there was sound on my ROKU, however the PQ on the ROKU was awful, and the streaming was very choppy. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this when using an unblocking service or a VPN. Of course I didn't think about uploading the log when this happened so I guess I will set it up again and if the no sound repeats up load the log.

Ross

Edit: tried it again last night, but did things a bit different. First I didn't want all devices in the house to served by the unblock service. Primarily because my wife works from home and her employer supplied setup can be finicky at times and I didn't want to do anything to upset the apple cart. I set the unblock service up on a separate router with a different subnet. Plugged it in then plugged in the RPi and voila got it working, at least sort of. There was sound, decent PQ, and overall it was a great experience. However I did experience complete drop out of the game after about 4 minutes or so of watching. Of course this happened every time I restarted until I was locked out, which seems to,last about a half hour. This service doesn't play well with the ROKU at all. At least I know the unblocking service will work as advertised just have to solve the problems with the MLBMC app.

Ross

Edit 2: installed MLBMC-HLS by unzipping into the addons flower. The app loads, lists games, but will not actually play a game. Will upload log next time I try and use it.
Whats going on with MLBMC MLB.tv this year I cannot view any listings for the weekend. Listings for any matches Monday to Friday works fine any attempt to look for matches for Saturday and Sunday causes RASPBMC to crash to reboot this includes all previous weekends too. This is the listings that crash not got anywhere near to actually viewing a match. Very anoying as weekends are often when there are day matches that are live in my (UK) timezone. Anyone any ideas what is happening?
SadSadSad

problem seems to be with raspbmc... just loaded openelec (that didnt work last year) and all seems to be working.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7