• 15(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
I think there may be an issue with the librtmp library in Eden ATV build. Could you try and update your librtmp with HansMayer's build -> http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html
(2012-05-27, 20:45)sdsnyr94 Wrote: divingmule.... is the /tmp folder something you can alter, or is that controlled within mlbhls?

I am working with someone from Openelec to get this to work... he created a working mlbhls file, but it appears that /tmp is located in the ramfs.... which means no space to write. I am waiting to see if I can mount /tmp to another location, but if not is there something you can do (such as point it into a /tmp folder located under the plugin folder)?

I'm sure we can work something out Smile I'm thinking - userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/temp.
I changed the default.py to point to an additional 8gb usb drive..... maybe you could put an additional "Advanced" tab on the config page, where we can change the temp location if needed? The issue I have is my Openelec USB drive does not have a lot of space available... any idea what the HLS add-on does when it runs out of space?
(2012-05-28, 14:16)divingmule Wrote: I think there may be an issue with the librtmp library in Eden ATV build. Could you try and update your librtmp with HansMayer's build -> http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html

This worked! It also fixed the problem I was having with the ESPN3 add-on not playin streams for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Is the quality really lower with this add-on compared to the native MLB.tv app on the AppleTV? It doesn't appear so.

*****EDIT*****This post has been rendered useless, thanks to version 0.0.6... which includes the mlbhls binary. As of this version, you will need to ssh into your Openelec box and 'chmod +x' the mlbhls binary to make it executable. Then go into mlbmc-hls settings and choose a temp location (preferably in /storage, as this is a read/write partition).

Quick How-to for Openelec:
All Thanks go to Ultraman on the Openelec forums....

Install latest HLS add-on from: http://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/p...-0.0.4.zip
Download Openelec compiled MLBHLS from this post : http://openelec.tv/forum/90-miscellaneou...d-on#35322
*****DivingMule - Ultraman apparently has these in a dropbox account... do you want to re-host them?****

This MLBHLS file will need to be in your systems $PATH, so:
Go into add-on folder (~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls) and create a folder named bin. Copy the mlbhls_x86_64 or mlbhls_i386 into this new directory (~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls/bin) and rename to mlbhls.

REBOOT!!!! *****THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT****** On Openelec, $PATH does not refresh on the fly, so you need a reboot to recognize the bin folder you just created as being in your $PATH... I wasted a couple of hours because I skipped this simple step.

Once you reboot, we need to alter where the HLS output file is created... By default, it is stored in /tmp, but in Openelec /tmp is located in the ramfs and has very limited space available. (DivingMule may make a change to elminate this step for us!)

Go into ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls and edit the default.py. Search for a line that reads:
Code:
tmpdir = tempfile.mkdtemp()

Change this Line to read :
Code:
tmpdir = tempfile.mkdtemp(suffix='', prefix='tmp', dir='/storage')
This will now tell the add-on to use a temp file created in /storage, which is a separate partition that has read/write access.

******According to divingmule. this temp file could grow up to 8-10Gb in size.... not good if you are using a small USB Stick (Like me!). To get around this, I used an additional 8Gb USB drive and changed the above line to read:
Code:
tmpdir = tempfile.mkdtemp(suffix='', prefix='tmp', dir='/media/1846-01DC')
Which then points the temp file to the flash drive, which is already mounted at /media/1846-01DC.

I may play around with pointing the default.py to a network share... not sure how that will affect performance or if it will flood my network... I may check that later today if I have time.

Again, all thanks go to Ultraman.......
(2012-05-28, 15:05)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I changed the default.py to point to an additional 8gb usb drive..... maybe you could put an additional "Advanced" tab on the config page, where we can change the temp location if needed? The issue I have is my Openelec USB drive does not have a lot of space available... any idea what the HLS add-on does when it runs out of space?

Yeah, will do. You could try enabling file-in/file-out but, I get demuxer errors with Eden Confused

Not sure about running out of space. If the script errors or XBMC crashes you may need to manually delete the file.
(2012-05-28, 16:05)divingmule Wrote:
(2012-05-28, 15:05)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I changed the default.py to point to an additional 8gb usb drive..... maybe you could put an additional "Advanced" tab on the config page, where we can change the temp location if needed? The issue I have is my Openelec USB drive does not have a lot of space available... any idea what the HLS add-on does when it runs out of space?

Yeah, will do. You could try enabling file-in/file-out but, I get demuxer errors with Eden Confused

Not sure about running out of space. If the script errors or XBMC crashes you may need to manually delete the file.

Could you add something in the script that checks for files in the "Temp Path" on startup, and if they exist deletes them (Elimates to need to manually remove if it crashes)?
MLBMC(mlb-hls) - 0.0.5

added game specific highlights patch from bunglebungle - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1109006
added add-on setting for the option to specify the temp directory to write the video file
if a path is set, we check for and remove any directory with the prefix "mlbtv.tmp-" in that path, upon entering the MLB.tv directory from the main menu.

Download Zip -> http://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/p...-0.0.5.zip

Let me know of any trouble.
If I update to 0.0.5 through XBMC's "Install from Zip File" option, will it remove my /bin subfolder? After I update tonight, I will update my above post to reflect the change in how-to set the temp directory... thanks for adding that.
Yeah, I think so. Maybe ask ultraman if there's another way so add-on updates don't overwrite the files? Or maybe we can point to the bin file from the addon...
(2012-05-29, 14:56)sdsnyr94 Wrote: If I update to 0.0.5 through XBMC's "Install from Zip File" option, will it remove my /bin subfolder? After I update tonight, I will update my above post to reflect the change in how-to set the temp directory... thanks for adding that.

(2012-05-29, 15:18)divingmule Wrote: Yeah, I think so. Maybe ask ultraman if there's another way so add-on updates don't overwrite the files? Or maybe we can point to the bin file from the addon...

What if we add a setting to choose system path or the add-on's data folder?

I think* it should work if the path/to/mlbhls is given from the add-on.
Adding a setting with to define the path/to/mlbhls should be fine. The user would just need to create a folder under /storage and place the binary file inside, then set it in the addon.

Another option is to create a separate Openelec addon that includes the binary file in the 'addon folder/bin'. This may be a better option, as you are removing user error (typos, permissions, etc) ... which means easier troubleshooting of user issues.... but means a little more work because you would need to have the addon select between the x86 and x64 versions (Bossanova808 does this for the squeezeslave binary in his XSqueeze plugin, so I know it is possible).

The user experience is then:

Download addon
Install addon
Configure Username/Password, Temp folder, etc...
Enjoy

I updated to 0.0.5 and set the temp folder in the settings... and could not open a stream. The error message says that the device "'/var/media/1846-01DC/mlbtv.tmp-RVf_3g'" is full..... did you accidentally leave the /var in the path?
Hmm... It should be the same path you see set in the add-on settings. Maybe an Openelec thing, I tested this in ubuntu and didn't have any trouble.
sdsnyr94, can you open terminal or ssh and type these commands and post the output -

Code:
python
import os
os.uname()
exit()
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7