• 53(current)
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on
(2014-04-16, 14:58)R0ss0 Wrote: installed MLBMC-HLS by unzipping into the addons flower. The app loads, lists games, but will not actually play a game. Will upload log next time I try and use it.

Inside the addon settings the last option in the MLB-HLS tab, you need to select the path to the mlbhls executable. For me on a 64bit OpenElec build, I point to the file in "storage\.xbmc\addons\plugin.video.mlbmc.hls\resources\mlbhls\openelec-mlbhls\x86_64". Have you configured this setting?
(2014-04-21, 16:09)rbrohman Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 14:58)R0ss0 Wrote: installed MLBMC-HLS by unzipping into the addons flower. The app loads, lists games, but will not actually play a game. Will upload log next time I try and use it.

Inside the addon settings the last option in the MLB-HLS tab, you need to select the path to the mlbhls executable. For me on a 64bit OpenElec build, I point to the file in "storage\.xbmc\addons\plugin.video.mlbmc.hls\resources\mlbhls\openelec-mlbhls\x86_64". Have you configured this setting?

Nope will give it try!

Ross
I'm having mostly the same problem as rbrohman. I've compiled mlbhls, and the compile ran ok, once I had all the dependencies in place. Except during the compile, I'd get the output "warning: call to â_curl_easy_setopt_err_longâ declared with attribute warning: curl_easy_setopt expects a long argument for this option [enabled by default]". the mlbhls binary still created ok though.

Made sure it was runnable by xbmc and in its path. Games are listed ok, so are channel providers, but once it says it's caching, the script dies: [MLBMC(mlbhls)-0.1.5]: MLB-HLS is not running.

In the add on settings I'm pointing to the binary, and have tried putting it in other locations as well. Tried with FIFO and without. Standard buffer length and increased.

The odd thing is that it plays a "condensed" game just fine. But won't play a live game.
What OS are you running? Mine is working wonderfully now, but I didn't compile mlbhls myself, I grabbed the one from the OpenElec forums.
Hey everybody. I noticed that the same problem I have has been posted before, but I was unable to find a solution to the problem. I just built an HTPC running Windows 7 32-Bit. My old HTPC can still view games just fine in this add-on, but my new PC doesn't seem to be able to. I keep getting "Login Failed. Sorry - We didn't receive the required cookies."

Here is my debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=185923

If anyone could help me fix this issue, I'd appreciate it!
(2014-04-26, 00:19)rbrohman Wrote: What OS are you running? Mine is working wonderfully now, but I didn't compile mlbhls myself, I grabbed the one from the OpenElec forums.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on both boxes. Streams work fine on windows because I just use a browser to watch them.

Lately I've been using PlayOn to serve the games to xbmc, but that's not as good a solution as a fully working MLBMC was.
Does the standard, non-HLS, version of MLBMC work for you?
(2014-04-30, 16:42)rbrohman Wrote: Does the standard, non-HLS, version of MLBMC work for you?

It does now, couldn't say why. It did not work last week. Happy to have the games again Smile
with divingmule seemingly out, not sure if this can be usefully answered.

ISSUE: MLBMC / XBMC / XP on a netbook. XBMC / netbook handles LAN streaming just fine, HD and smooth.

MLBMC, however, chokes on streamed games, both archive and live. I increased the cache size in advancedsettings.xml without apparent effect. I don't have direct access to the logs from the machine I am posting on but in examining them the streams seem to quit when something times out while waiting for input from the provider. I would think the resolution is to increase the timeout value to something absurd, but haven't found info on how to do that.

As an aside, what is the deal with mlbmc-hls versus the standard install of mlbmc via in-xbmc install? Is there one for non-Linux users? Like other non-Linux users, I see the "high quality" option in MLBMC settings and toggling it seems not to affect display quality.

Finally, here's a big THANK YOU to divingmule for years of great work and unstinting helpfulness he and elsewhere. May your absence here reflect a happy choice.

---

UPDATE: I after cranking the cache value to 200mb the game streams no longer crash. However, bad stutter buffering remains an issue. Curiously, this only affects certain streams. The issues occur in lifestreams as well as archives.
Running latest (not 4.0) Openelec on a RPi. Overall MLBMC is working just fine for me. I'm using a SD/USB stick set up on my PI. I did increase my cache size, don't remember how much. Did have a bit of a problem with drop out last Saturday was pretty busy so didn't have a lot of time to watch and didn't watch on Sunday so don't know if it has resolved or not. Will post later on tonight and let everyone know.
I have yet to be able to get MLBMC-HLS to work on my RPi. besides I can always use the ROKU, I just prefer the Pi because the streaming is much smoother.....

Ross
Be sure not to confuse MLB service issues as XBMC issues.

On my dsl connection I get a 16 - 25 ms ping to the Akamai server providing the MLB content and normally get great performance (using either hls and non hls versions of mlbmc) watching the free live games. I've never needed to modify any cache settings.

On days like Saturday just gone the buffering can be horrendous and I put this down squarely to MLB.TV's lack of bandwidth provisioning. It's one reason that I only subscribe to the post-season.
Kodi Leia v18.6 Android | Sony Bravia KD-65X9000E
Kodi Leia v18.6 X86-64 | ASRock ION 330-BD Intel Dual Core Atom 1.6GHz | 4GB RAM | HDMI Display | Analogue Audio | Flirc IR
Hi,

I bought a MLB.TV Premium package tonight. I was hoping to start watching on my Gbox Midnight MX2. I've tried both MLBMC and MLBMC HLS and I can't get either to work with the MLB.TV option. MLBMC gives me the script error when I'm trying to pick a date for the ball game I want to watch.MLBMC HLS gives me a Log in Failed followed quickly by a script error usually when I'm picking a matchup. Sometimes I can get past the matchup and choose the broadcast option, and then it gives me a script error there. I've been reading through the latter part of this forum, and most of this stuff is over my head. I just want to get the ball game going on my TV. It doesn't seem like most of yall are using an android device, but I hope someone can still help me. Thanks
(2014-05-10, 07:09)Cannellizer Wrote: Hi,

I bought a MLB.TV Premium package tonight. I was hoping to start watching on my Gbox Midnight MX2. I've tried both MLBMC and MLBMC HLS and I can't get either to work with the MLB.TV option. MLBMC gives me the script error when I'm trying to pick a date for the ball game I want to watch.MLBMC HLS gives me a Log in Failed followed quickly by a script error usually when I'm picking a matchup. Sometimes I can get past the matchup and choose the broadcast option, and then it gives me a script error there. I've been reading through the latter part of this forum, and most of this stuff is over my head. I just want to get the ball game going on my TV. It doesn't seem like most of yall are using an android device, but I hope someone can still help me. Thanks

To nail it down: Try the mlbmc without HLS at first - enable the debug logging - make sure you typed username and password correct in the settings - go for a 1200k stream at first - can be changed later up to have better quality - then pick a game from the last day - check if it plays - if not please check the xmbc.log from and paste it here ...

My findings in the last days as i use MLB.TV on several different platforms a day is that they started to kinda restrictive when it comes to the amount of login attempts in a timeframe - this is surly to prevent of limit the sharing of the mlb.tv account you own but can be annoying for sure if you try to get mlbmc running at first and run into this limitation.

for the rest of the guys from the thread: lets keep this plugin alive as best as we can while divingmule is gone - anyone with deeper python knowledge? should we create a fork?
So .. well .. i answered my question about creating a fork by myself ... First fork try for the standart NON-HLS version fixing the broken intentional talk podcast and removing some broken stuff ...

I renamed the Package to MLBMCx so you can install it along with the default version - i will try to keep this one alive as best as i can but my python skills are not overwhelming good and divingmules code is a riddle to me here and there - trying to improve myself try and error like allways.

I will also try to make a fork of the HLS version and fix the broken things there - lets see how this goes - any help is welcome for sure ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppmjmh26pv7mxc...2.0.81.zip
This is great news, thanks for picking up the project, dh3lix!

Let us know when you've got an HLS version as I'd be happy to help test it.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on7