Hide "lost+found" folder/directory
Hi 2 all :-)

have a small problem using the actual release version of xbmc on ubuntu linux 11.04... but I think this is a problem with every linux system and more than one HD.

I use the standard /srv folder to store movies, music, documentaries and series... each on an own harddisk:
/srv => sda4
/srv/movies => sdb1
/srv/series => sdc1
/srv/docu => sdd1
/srv/music => sde1
Everything is woking from here... Thank you al for this great work :-) BUT, in every folder is the linux system folder "lost+found" ... I have found the "advancedsettings.xml" and have entered the following:

<video>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>lost+found</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>lost+found</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>

But this is not working :-( Does anyone know how to hide this folders?

Thanks in advance!
mind the <advancedsettings> tag...
Thanks, but I have had the surrounding <advancedsettings> tags in my settings file... but this doesen't work? Now I tried it with a more "plain" directory like "movie" and this worked... so the problem might be the regular expression, perhaps the "+" ?!?! Can anyone help?

... playing around with that... I mentioned that this exclude stays for all "profiles" after loading a different profile... But after a restart of xbmc the correct profile settings are restored from the advancedsettings.xml for the last profile... This might be a Bug in the profile loading/settings?!
Seems like something we could do by magic, please start a ticket and cc me.

Afaik that folder depend on the filesystem and not that its linux right? i.e. its an extx thing?
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
+ in regex means "repeat the preceeding character 1 or more times", so your pattern is really saying "match 'los' followed by at least one 't', followed by 'found'". You need to escape the + so it is treated as a literal:

Code:
lost\+found
Yes, the folder exisists on any ext3/ext4 partition (perhaps ext2, too) to store blocks or files which are found during the file system check... like checkdisk with Windows. And yes its a Linux thing ;-)

I think this is a requirement... but actually it is possible to hide directorys with the advancedsettings.xml and <excludefromlisting>, but perhaps the problem is only the spelling of the regex and I need to mask the "+"?

Do you mean to create a bug for the second thing regarding the profiles? I think this one is really a bug... because it seams, that loading a profile does not dump all settings from the old profile, so that some are still active even though that they are NOT configured in the new profiles advancedsettings.xml...

Thanks and best regards!
@Mindzai: Thanks... I will try this :-)
jmahnke Wrote:Yes, the folder exisists on any ext3/ext4 partition (perhaps ext2, too) to store blocks or files which are found during the file system check... like checkdisk with Windows. And yes its a Linux thing ;-)

I think this is a requirement... but actually it is possible to hide directorys with the advancedsettings.xml and <excludefromlisting>, but perhaps the problem is only the spelling of the regex and I need to mask the "+"?

Do you mean to create a bug for the second thing regarding the profiles? I think this one is really a bug... because it seams, that loading a profile does not dump all settings from the old profile, so that some are still active even though that they are NOT configured in the new profiles advancedsettings.xml...

Thanks and best regards!

Hehe, well I know what its for and such (I am a linux guy Smile ). I haven't used reiserfs and the other linux filesystems so wasn't sure if it existed in those too.

Well I'd say file it as a feature request, it would fit into the storageproviders (i.e. they know what filesystem it is so if they send that along so xbmc can add known excludes or mark it as hidden).

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
@topfs2: I hope this one is OK... Ticket #11685... It was my first xbmc ticket :-)

What about the other thing with the profiles? Does anyone has an idea if this is a bug?
jmahnke Wrote:@topfs2: I hope this one is OK... Ticket #11685... It was my first xbmc ticket :-)

What about the other thing with the profiles? Does anyone has an idea if this is a bug?

Looks good, thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide "lost+found" folder/directory0