XBMC - Noob, multiple questions within!
Smile 
Hello all o/

I've very much enjoyed reading your forums over the last few weeks planning my server build, what to put in my HTPC etc. But alas I feel I've come to my wits end and the wife isn't seeing the results i promised! :cripes:

First off, showing off my stats:

Server:
Sempron 140,
Gigabyte Mobo 770T-D3L (Very nice, highly reccomended!)
TBS 6920 single FreeSatHD Tuner (Intending to get one every month until I have 4)
3x 2TB Hitcachi Drives
2Gb of RAM
Running UNRAID so a curretn total of 4TB

Main HTPC:
E6550 Core 2 Duo
Zotac Zone GT 430
4Gb of PC2-6400 RAM (Hyper X Kingston)
Blu Ray Drive

All running through a Cisco Gigabit switch with Cat 5e cabling, there is also my main PC upstairs but thats a gaming rig Smile

Hear are some of my issues:

Ripping:
We have a healthy DVD/Blu-Ray collection and part of the charm of the media centre was having them all in one nice easy central location so I can watch them anywhere I please. MakeMKV thank you for being so easy to use!

However, I found myself with an apparently unusual situation, someone enlighten me as to the best way to name the .mkv's so to get the best results when scraping? Also is TheMovieDB a good place to scrape as any? Recommendations?

A followup question, should I rip the movie, rename it to the film's name and then MovieDB gives me a list (The tester was Disney's Beauty and the beast) I apparently chose the wrong beauty and the beast and now all the cover work/fanart is now some french love story thing. No Disney magic to be seen!!
Anyone can help here?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions!

I did try searching but I'm not very good at using the search function. Sad

Thanks in advance, and thank you for such an awesome product!!
Equium Duo Wrote:However, I found myself with an apparently unusual situation, someone enlighten me as to the best way to name the .mkv's so to get the best results when scraping? Also is TheMovieDB a good place to scrape as any? Recommendations?

A followup question, should I rip the movie, rename it to the film's name and then MovieDB gives me a list (The tester was Disney's Beauty and the beast) I apparently chose the wrong beauty and the beast and now all the cover work/fanart is now some french love story thing. No Disney magic to be seen!!
Anyone can help here?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions!

I did try searching but I'm not very good at using the search function. Sad

Thanks in advance, and thank you for such an awesome product!!

Try a naming convention like so:

beauty.and.the.beast.1991.mkv
or
beauty and the beast (1991).mkv

If you put the year in after the movie title, you shouldn't come across very many problems scraping.
thanks, that worked straight away! I felt a bit of an idiot since i couldn't find any reference at all to how to name stuff! haha!
FWIW, I have found the latter option, moviename (year).mkv to be the best option in terms of scraping accuracy. Then, for my money - which is nothing, its free, download and install Emm-r Media Manager. Point it to the movie collection, update it's databse, select all the movies, and hit the scrape button. It will pull in everything for you. Voila. After having screwed around with most of the free media managing software available I can say hands down Emm-r is the winner. YMMV.

I have found tmdb.org to be very useful in finding fan-art. As such I have Emm-r set to search that site for fan-art and covers.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Noob, multiple questions within!0