[Mac] How do I install Aeon MQ themes on a Mac
Question 
Hey forum,

I'm trying to figure out how to install MQ themes on my Mac. I see all of the themes are either in exe or zip format. The instructions are click the exe and the theme will install in its right location. Thats fine for windows users but what about OS X users. When I unzip the zip file I get a file called "Digital Art - Dark.xbt." Does anyone know where I can put this?
Add the repo: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

Install through the Addon Browser.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Thanks for the reply. I do have the AeonMQ2 repo installed, its how I installed the skin, however when I go to Add-Ons->Get Add-Ons->Repo Aeon MQ it only has a option for skin and nothing else. If I try to add it through zip-file, nothing happens. Any other thoughts?
Um.... So you have the option to install the skin. What else are you trying to do? Tell it to install the skin.
Code:
I'm trying to install the skin theme. If you goto MarquosQui's site, link is on the main AeonMQ2 stickied thread. You can download the skin, repo and Skin Themes. In XBMC with Aeon MQ2 installed, if you goto System-Appearance under Skin it'll say skin theme, this is where you can select skin themes that Marquos has made in addition to the main skin. I've been asking how you install the skin theme under Mac, since all the instructions are for windows machines. Although you can download it through a zip file, its no help to me if I don't know how to install it.
Ah. Wow. This is the first time I've ever heard of "themes" for a skin. I don't know why he wouldn't just make a separate theme.

Download the zip file. Unzip. You should have an xbt file:
Code:
unzip Theme\ Warm\ Colors\ -\ Light\ -\ Aeon\ MQ\ 2-2.8.0.zip
Archive:  Theme Warm Colors - Light - Aeon MQ 2-2.8.0.zip
  inflating: Warm Colors - Light.xbt

Find your XBMC directory: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC
Open "Addons" and find the skin directory for the theme

Rename the unzipped xbt to "Textures.xbt" it replaces the existing Textures.xbt in the 'media' folder. (You might want to back up the original)
Code:
Yes! That was it! Thank you so much! I first trying backing up textures, but then I just added Warm Colors.xbt file to the media directory as is and it gave me an option for both. Again, thanks so much for your help!
This is for anyone who finds this thread looking for the same info, but for MQ3:

You need to unzip the files anywhere (I chose the aeon.mq.3 folder in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons) and navigate there once you select the theme and then the second option for custom backgrounds. PM me if that doesn't make sense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac] How do I install Aeon MQ themes on a Mac0