Mp3 playback assists for talking books
i have only had the xbox since early january, but have been watching the progress of xbmc :kickass: for a while prior to that...
i work with disabled people, and since getting xbmc, i have been showing all the extra functionality to some of the ppl i work with... Shocked
talking books was one of the subjects that came up... so i downloaded lotr's trilogy... and had a play...

desired modifications:

1. there is no cue/review controls for mp3 (or any music) files.
(they'd be particularly helpful if you are interupted while listening, or if you stop mid-file and want to continue listening at a later time.... lotr files were broken down in to ~21min sections... would be impossible if whole book was 1 file)

2. pause.... the only way i could pause a file was with the start button, but that only seemed to work if i had a slideshow on.

3. playback speed... i noticed that lotr is read quite slowly.. is there a way of having playback speed increments of say 0.1? in the same way this'd be used to slow down the reader if, say, it was done with a "txt to mp3" program that tended to be hard to understand (i have heard some voice programs that you wish were slower so you had longer to concentrate on the words in what seem like a foreign accent)

can't think of any more at the moment,
anyone else have any thoughts on this?

ilgra

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mp3 playback assists for talking books0