Which backend for my setup?
Question 
Hi all,

After ready MANY threads and trying a lot of things, I'm still not able to get a good working backend with my config.
My setup is the following:

- Astock ION330-HT
- Technotrend S2 3650 CI (satellite)
- Cccam server
- XBMC-Live 10.1 v2 Maverick 2.6.38-7 kernel.
- Satellite dish with rotor

So far I tried HTS-tvheadend and got some working after spending hours on it but it's far not ideal with a lot of issues. Second is that rotor is not supported.

What do you guys suggest to use with my hardware? Which distro? Which backend? Which cam? etc. :confused2:
Any tips and suggestion are really appreciated!

Thanks
BiTRiP
you can find a list of supported backends here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...BMC-PVR%29

bitrip Wrote:Which cam?
questions about softcams are not allowed here.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm just using internal sharing while I have a smartcard in my other room.
it doesn't matter how you are using it. discussing it is not allowed here because it's illegal in a lot of countries.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Alright, got it.
You should try VDR its harder to setup but once you put everything together you will not look back again. It has allot of plugins, i don't have rotor but i know there are couple plugins that can drive rotors. Without rotor it doesn't that long to setup if you know your way around computers, linux and information searching.
Awesome! I will go and try that. It sounds promising.
You helped me out again Smile

thnx m8!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which backend for my setup?0