Is it possible to end XBMC and then send windows 7 to hibernate mode?!
Question 
Hallo @ll !

I´m running a htpc with xbmc on it. This works great so far. When i´m done
watching i´ll send xbmc to hibernate mode. So i´m able to wake the htpc with
my rc. Works like a charm. Problem is; windows needs some time for network
services to start after returning from hibernate mode. But my complete database
(and also all mediafiles) is stored on a sql running at my homeserver.
When xbmc comes back from hibernate i got a :
"ERROR: Unable to open database: xbmc_video [2003](Can't connect to MySQL
server on '192.168.2.107' (10065))" error because
of the network starting issue. Also database rescan (for new added media) doesnt
work.

But if i end xbmc, send windows in hibernate mode, wake it up again and start
xbmc with a 10 sek. delay after returning from hibernate, everthing works as
it should!

So my question; is it possbible to end "xbmc process" and then hibernate windows?!

Greetings from germany.
Yes. Its posssible. It depends how you set up your remote software.
If you look in System settings, System, Power saving, you can set the Shutdown function to Hibernate or Suspend. This means when you shut down XBMC it will put Windows into Hibernate/Suspend.

JR
mrfatboy Wrote:Yes. Its posssible. It depends how you set up your remote software.

Mean remote control software?! I´m using eventghost.

jhsrennie Wrote:If you look in System settings, System, Power saving, you can set the Shutdown function to Hibernate or Suspend. This means when you shut down XBMC it will put Windows into Hibernate/Suspend.

True. This is my actual situation. And as is said after returning from hibernate i got these network issues...
I guess there 3 possible solutions

1) i can put my xbmc & win7x64 to sleep by selecting it in xbmc. It wakes perfectly with no network issues. Im not sure why yours doesnt.

2) why cant you select exit in xbmc which brings you to your OS desktop then you can just sleep from there?

3) i use lmgeston remote software. Very easy to use. I accidently had it configured 2 days ago to to exactly (what sounds) like you want. When i pressed the power button on the remote it exited xbmc and then put the computer to sleep all in one key press.
mrfatboy Wrote:3) i use lmgeston remote software. Very easy to use. I accidently had it configured 2 days ago to to exactly (what sounds) like you want. When i pressed the power button on the remote it exited xbmc and then put the computer to sleep all in one key press.

Could you please send me a link for that remote software?! Found nothing on google ...
Sorry. I typo'd. Its http://www.lmgestion.net

Lm gestion remote keymap

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to end XBMC and then send windows 7 to hibernate mode?!0