My small form factor build HTPC
T800 Wrote:It's not the same case but closest I could find so far:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Plastic-Mini-ITX-VES...1c1c631ad6

http://www.habeyusa.com/ProductDivision....ildMenu130

Amazon carries them and they ship directly from HabeyUSA.

They also have a model that's a little taller that you can fit a slim DVD/CD drive.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details
this is just awesome.

how does the ion hold up with playing HD movies? have you tested it with H.264 MKV 1080P files? i kinda wish i made what you made. Sad
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
Valkyrie743 Wrote:this is just awesome.

how does the ion hold up with playing HD movies? have you tested it with H.264 MKV 1080P files? i kinda wish i made what you made. Sad

Under both win7 + XBMC and XBMCLive it plays 1080p content without skipping a beat. Most of my blu-ray .MKVs are 10+ GB and I stream them from my network shares to the bedroom. I was extremely impressed with such a small package churning out HD content as well as my living room HTPC.

I have a 55" 1080p LCD in the the bedroom so it'd be easy to see if it was slacking.
Media server: unRaid 5.0.5 | CPU: Intel-Core i3-4360 | MB: Supermicro X10SL7-F | RAM: 16 GB Crucial ECC | CASE: PC-A77F | HD Cages: iStarUSA BPU-350SATA | PSU: Seasonic Platinum SS-660XP2 Active PFC F3 | HDD: WD Red | 25 TB array -WD Red 4TB Parity | 500GB WD Black Cache| Build Details
prongATO Wrote:Under both win7 + XBMC and XBMCLive it plays 1080p content without skipping a beat. Most of my blu-ray .MKVs are 10+ GB and I stream them from my network shares to the bedroom. I was extremely impressed with such a small package churning out HD content as well as my living room HTPC.

I have a 55" 1080p LCD in the the bedroom so it'd be easy to see if it was slacking.

o wow nice. i was going to go with one of these ion set ups but didn't because i was a little worried about the ion and or cpu not being able to handle my 1080P playback. i have the same size files most of my vids (use ripbot264) and most files are around 10-15Mbps depending on what movie it is.

kinda hate my self for spending around 400 bucks on my HTPC when i could have saved some $, o well. i was thinking about selling it and just buying a boxee box (cause i want to be able to stream HD netflix and VUDU in HD) not sure how well the boxee box is compared to a ion or my kind of built HTPC. have to look more into it.
Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
prongATO Wrote:http://www.habeyusa.com/ProductDivision....ildMenu130

Amazon carries them and they ship directly from HabeyUSA.

They also have a model that's a little taller that you can fit a slim DVD/CD drive.

I tried Amazon.com and it wouldn't let me ship to the UK.

I contacted Habey HQ and they will ship one to the UK for £40 for the case and £28 shipping.
By the time I come around to purchasing my bedroom HTPC case it will probably be this one.
prongATO Wrote:Under both win7 + XBMC and XBMCLive it plays 1080p content without skipping a beat. Most of my blu-ray .MKVs are 10+ GB and I stream them from my network shares to the bedroom. I was extremely impressed with such a small package churning out HD content as well as my living room HTPC.

It's nice to hear that the Asus AT5IONT-I is working great for you, I read that other people are lesse happy when they play 1080P with this board.

I was thinking to get this board, but read a lot nagative but also positive story's, so i'm still not figered it out what to do.
If people are trying to run it fanless they're probably overheating. That's my guess.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My small form factor build HTPC0