xbmc-pvr + tvheadend EPG info wrong
Hi,

running xbmc-pvr (ppa:larsopdenkamp) on ubunutu. Often the EPG info in XBMC is wrong:
- same epg info for different channels
- epg info mixed up (wrong epg info for a channel)

Looking @ tvheadend webinterface the EPG info is OK.
After a reboot EPG info in XBMC seems to be OK.

I normally I suspend and wakeup my system with remote.

I use a script to suspend/ resume
suspend:
- stop tvheadend
- rmmod dvb-driver
- stop lirc

resume:
modprobe dvbdriver
start tvheadend
start lirc

Since a month or so xbmc reconnects to tvheadend after resume.
I disabled the xbmc database regarding EPG, this does not seem to work.
When I try to reset the database XBMC crashes and I have to restart xbmc.

any help is appreciated....
please pastebin a full debug log. I've noticed an occasional error in the epg data here too, so it's probably either a bug in tvheadend, the add-on or xbmc's epg code.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hi,

Enabled debug log in xbmc. It happend after I had to reboot because xbmc hanged at some point when switching to another channel... so i am not sure this particular case will help in finding the problem.... I had enabled the epg database in xbmc a few hrs before. Xbmc displayed 4 or 5 times the same epg info on different channels. Checked epginfo comming from tvheadend via webinterface of tvheadend this seemed OK.

http://pastebin.com/EaDBrTuS
I am also seeing the same behaviour. Wrong EPG data for a channel, and duplicate EPG data for multiple channels.
if honda made man, nobody would ever die.
Hi,

I think the problem lies in repeated suspend/resume. The problem occurs when resumed from sleep after considerable amount of time has past (ie next evening)
(not sure but it looks like double epg info and mixup = EPG info of channels watched previous evening)

Other test I did:

When I run XBMC on my laptop everything is fine (upon startup EPG info is updated)
so i am looking @ TV (just resumed from standby): everything is double/mixed up
looking @ my laptop : everthing OK (EPG just updated)

possible solution: update EPG on reconnect to tvheadend

dunno how to do this but I realy think it solves the problem.

note: I start XBMC on ubuntu after normal login (gnome) and use remote to suspend/resume
no XBMC-live
I don't think suspend/resume is the cause. I don't use suspend/resume. My XBMC and Tvheadend machine (same machine) is on 24/7. I also tried playing a channel the other night, and when the stream started playing I thought the EPG was wrong again. However, I went into Videos and played the same channel via the HTSP stream I had added as a video source, and that was a different show (what was reported by the EPG). I think the Live TV section played the wrong channel. I didn't test or try to reproduce this issue.
if honda made man, nobody would ever die.
I see the same issues on both my boxes, guide data is either totally wrong or the first few get duplicated throughout the channel list - EPG is normally fine once XBMC is restarted.

Another oddity I've noticed is that in timeline view if a channel has no EPG data the channel isn't displayed at all in the EPG grid - I'd expect to see it and just have it show 'no guide data' or similar like the TV Channels list does.
minime Wrote:Hi,

running xbmc-pvr (ppa:larsopdenkamp) on ubunutu. Often the EPG info in XBMC is wrong:
- same epg info for different channels
- epg info mixed up (wrong epg info for a channel)

Looking @ tvheadend webinterface the EPG info is OK.
After a reboot EPG info in XBMC seems to be OK.

I normally I suspend and wakeup my system with remote.

I use a script to suspend/ resume
suspend:
- stop tvheadend
- rmmod dvb-driver
- stop lirc

resume:
modprobe dvbdriver
start tvheadend
start lirc

Since a month or so xbmc reconnects to tvheadend after resume.
I disabled the xbmc database regarding EPG, this does not seem to work.
When I try to reset the database XBMC crashes and I have to restart xbmc.

any help is appreciated....

How did you get the EPG to load in tvheadend? I'm in North America so I used the tv_grab_na_dd script for schedulesdirect but my EPG never injects any new events.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc-pvr + tvheadend EPG info wrong0