Leave WMC?
I currently WMC with Media-browser. I downloaded XBMC again last night to give it another go and am considering switching. The one thing I am pretty certain that I can not live without is:

In MediaBrowser when searching my movie collection and I select a movie to see more details I get an option to play it's trailer (If I have it stored locally which I do).

I know XBMC has the -trailer thing, but I have not seen where the trailer resides in the Gui.

Is that possible w/XBMC. Can someone help me out please? I'm not sure but I'm thinking the movie and trailers are located in different parts of the gui and I do not want that.

Thanks

John
I'm assuming you are still using the Confluence skin? Typically if you hit the "I" key it will bring up movie info and give you the option for trailer. Some skins may behave differently. For example, the Aeon MQ2 skin will drop down the info after a few seconds and give you the option to play the trailer right there.
Star 
Welcome aboard, most skins have facility to play the trailer from the information screen, and some have it also available from the browsing screen. Trailer links can also be stored in the .nfo on scrape and played directly from the internet to save a little local space. Plugins like Cinema Experience allow random or select (local or internet)any # of trailers to play before you start your main movie.

For movies you'll find XBMC a step up from WMC & MB, and skin flipping is a joy.
VERY nice. I'm liking this A LOT. Any skin recommendations?
Cirrus Extended

It has all of the options you would ever need. Its kept up to date with all of XBMC's new features.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I have XBMC and have a friend that has WMC with the features you mentioned. I have to admit that I like XMBC (with the Aeon skin) much more. To me it seems more refined.
Aeon Nox is a great skin too very professional the fact these skinners do this in their spare time ie beyond me
Aeon MQ2 is really good. A little resource heavy, but if you have the power a really nice skin.
thanks you guys for the suggestions. These skins are freaking awesome.

I more ? if you don't mind.

On the home screen, can I add a custom item and or rename the video item. I wanted to have more than 1 link to videos. like: Adult, Kid, Home Movies.

thanks
take a look at the Neon skin, it's great also Wink
Hardware: Revo 3610 + SSD - Harmony 700 Remote
Software: XBMCBuntu Gotham - Sickbeard - SabNZBd+

Without being in front of my TV, I believe in Aeon MQ2, you can add new playlists and new items to the menus.
Star 
Transparency! should be in your active skins list, if only for everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leave WMC?0