• 3(current)
Looking to Build Your Very First unRAID Server?
stiggs Wrote:anyways in the mean time i found out that tranmission can be done on it (i hopeBig Grin)

Transmission is pretty much a one-click install from UnMenu package scripts. Works great.
Acer Revo 3610 w/ Ubuntu 10.10, Giada Cube Win 7, 2 ATV 1's one w Crystal HD card, UnRaid server w/ SAB/SickBeard/Couch Potato/Transmission, MacBook Pro, Hackintosh Dell Mini 10v
I just built my first unraid server!! Huge thanks to Eskro for this guide!

So I have the software loaded and 1 2tb empty drive in there now. All of my other media is on drives that are almost full. I am just a little stuck on what to do next

I only have 1 extra drive so should i let unraid "install" this drive and then load up media from drive 2 on it then put drive 2 in and "install" and so on. At that point all my media is on the drives in unraid and Im left with 1 blank drive and I make that my parity correct?
boognish43 Wrote:I only have 1 extra drive so should i let unraid "install" this drive and then load up media from drive 2 on it then put drive 2 in and "install" and so on. At that point all my media is on the drives in unraid and Im left with 1 blank drive and I make that my parity correct?

No, you have to start with a parity drive. You basically need two empty drives to start. Make one parity, one storage. Then start copying over your other drives one at a time, and add them to the array once they are duplicated in your Unraid array.

poofyhairguy Wrote:No, you have to start with a parity drive. You basically need two empty drives to start. Make one parity, one storage. Then start copying over your other drives one at a time, and add them to the array once they are duplicated in your Unraid array.

Ok sounds good thanks!

another question.. whats the best way to transfer the files over? do i hook the drive up internally, externally or copy over the network?

thanks again!
Copy over the network.

I think I am going to have to check in at the unraid forum but I wanted to ask here first.

I am having permission issues and It wont let me copy files over to the drive.

This is a clean install with the newest beta and so far I have seen these issues using smb on win7

1. there is not enough free memory to copy these files? theres 2tb free
2. you do not have permissions to copy these files(after it copied a few it stopped and wont let me transfer any more)
3. I can not delete or move files

I thought this was going to be easier than this.. I realize there is alot I can tweak with unraid and im willing to learn and put time in for those but as far as a new user with a brand new setup this isnt as plug and play as it was made out to be

has anyone dealt with this before?
^^Why are you using the newest beta? It seems to me that if you've never used unraid before then you might want to use the latest official release first before moving on to a beta. The only reason I could see for using a beta is if it has some feature that you just cannot live without. So unless you cannot live without either AFP or 3TB support then just use 4.7 and you'll find it much easier to use. Just my 2 cents.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
Hey everyone. I currently have a NAS system using FreeNAS but see that everyone on here seems to be using Unraid. What is the reason for everyone using Unraid over FreeNAS? The only issue I currently have is the lack of ability to install SAB, SB etc easily. I would also like to setup a mysql db for my media collection as well. This will relieve my main desktop computer as my server which is an i7 and a huge power hog. Any advice? Im currently running with 6x2TB drives in two different pools and have 2 drives as parity. Reason for the two drives is I started out with 3 drives and added a second set of 3 drives then combined the pools together. I want to start fresh with 1 pool with 6 drives and 1 parity drive so if im going to change NAS systems this is the time to do it. Im thinking of buying 2 3TB drives and moving all my media to them to hold while I make the swap.
wsume99 Wrote:^^Why are you using the newest beta? It seems to me that if you've never used unraid before then you might want to use the latest official release first before moving on to a beta. The only reason I could see for using a beta is if it has some feature that you just cannot live without. So unless you cannot live without either AFP or 3TB support then just use 4.7 and you'll find it much easier to use. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah there was no rhyme or reason for using the newest.. it was the first link in the d/l section so I went for it Smile

I am going to install 4.7 and see what happens

thanks
Can anybody post some straight forward guides for installing SAB, Sick Beard & Couch Potato on Unraid. I've been doing a lot of searching and only finding outdated stuff.

Thanks!
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
mprassel Wrote:Can anybody post some straight forward guides for installing SAB, Sick Beard & Couch Potato on Unraid. I've been doing a lot of searching and only finding outdated stuff.

Thanks!
You've got to be kidding me. Shocked

Well I guess I'll give you a hand. If you use these packages then you should have no problems getting everything installed. All you need is the latest version of unMenu. Then just download these .conf files and put them into your /boot/packages folder. After that these packages will be available for install in the Package Manager page in unMenu. Follow the instructions with each package and be sure to setup the configuration variables.

Sabnzbd unMenu package

SickBeard unMenu package

CouchPotato unMenu package
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
boognish43 Wrote:I think I am going to have to check in at the unraid forum but I wanted to ask here first.

I am having permission issues and It wont let me copy files over to the drive.

This is a clean install with the newest beta and so far I have seen these issues using smb on win7

1. there is not enough free memory to copy these files? theres 2tb free
2. you do not have permissions to copy these files(after it copied a few it stopped and wont let me transfer any more)
3. I can not delete or move files

I thought this was going to be easier than this.. I realize there is alot I can tweak with unraid and im willing to learn and put time in for those but as far as a new user with a brand new setup this isnt as plug and play as it was made out to be

has anyone dealt with this before?

Well I installed 4.7 and let is check the parity(which took twice as long at the beta?) and I am getting the same results.

Now it tells me there is an i/o error and wont let me delete the file(permission issues)

Im suspecting a bad drive but it is new and worked just fine in the windows setup for a few days until i moved it to the unraid server. Unraid scanned it fin e and it shows no error so im a little confused
wsume99 Wrote:You've got to be kidding me. Shocked

Well I guess I'll give you a hand. If you use these packages then you should have no problems getting everything installed. All you need is the latest version of unMenu. Then just download these .conf files and put them into your /boot/packages folder. After that these packages will be available for install in the Package Manager page in unMenu. Follow the instructions with each package and be sure to setup the configuration variables.

Sabnzbd unMenu package

SickBeard unMenu package

CouchPotato unMenu package

I've been playing with it in a VM and the packages are really, really out of date.

I have also heard of people that are able to get SAB/SB/CP to all run on the same port with the same user/password but I'm waiting on SAB forums to hear back from them.
Living Room Media Center/Server: Win7x64, ~6TB of space, SABnzbd+, SickBeard, MySQL, 32" LCD Vizio Internet TV, XBMC Nightly as of probably a month ago.

Bed Room Media Center: Mac OS X 10.6, 24" iMac Core2Duo
Any recommendations for a Motherboard/CPU combo for unRAID that can use 1.5v 1600 DDR3 DRAM?
Can FreeNAS create parity drive and other things which unRAID can do? Is there any free alternative to full version of unRAID?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to Build Your Very First unRAID Server?18