Hmm.. push power and NADA?
The_Dogg Wrote:motherboard shorting with the case is the 1st thing that came to mind when I read your problem.

did you mobo came with screws and little washers (little circle with a hole in them) that you might have forgotten to put between the mobo and the case?

Not that I saw! I didn't see any screws with that...

When I get home today I can take a little closer look and do some more testing perhaps...
I just finished my build with that case and there aren't any washers or anything that needs to be placed under the motherboard.

The first thing I would do would be to remove the motherboard and do a bare bones setup and see if you can get it to post. Place the motherboard on a piece of cardboard, 1 stick of ram, CPU, monitor and power supply only. See if you can get it to post. You'll have to short the two power pins on the board to turn it on though.
Spyderturbo007 Wrote:I just finished my build with that case and there aren't any washers or anything that needs to be placed under the motherboard.

The first thing I would do would be to remove the motherboard and do a bare bones setup and see if you can get it to post. Place the motherboard on a piece of cardboard, 1 stick of ram, CPU, monitor and power supply only. See if you can get it to post. You'll have to short the two power pins on the board to turn it on though.

I was able to get it to boot... i went through installing windows, etc. etc... I've changed some preferences installed programs etc.

the problem is (it seems) when there is some wiggle of the back input panel and/or the mobo that it shuts off immediately...
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:the problem is (it seems) when there is some wiggle of the back input panel and/or the mobo that it shuts off immediately...

even when the mobo is on a piece of cardboard for testing?
So I moved the motherboard and one issue seems to perhaps be the wrong screws? Smile

I am using the screws that look just like this:
http://www.shopit.ie/images/SCREWM3_Alarge.jpg

They are those screws with the "ring" around them. Can anyone with the MI-008 confirm if these are the screws to mount motherboard to case OR WHICH SCREWS THEY USED?

Thanks!

Edit Geez... I switched out the screws and I don't want to jinx it but it seems to be working now!
So u used the screws that came with the Case?
eskro Wrote:So no more issues?

Fingers crossed!

Thanks to everyone Smile
So u used the screws that came with the Case?
eskro Wrote:So u used the screws that came with the Case?

It came with a lot of screws... lol

I used some of them!
can you specify which ones so that users can rely on the info plz?

thanks! Smile
The ones you linked to are the ones that I used in my build and haven't had any problems at all. Perhaps it wasn't lined up properly with the standoffs? You have to push the motherboard back into the plate to get proper alignment.
I wonder if the back I/O panel... (use the one that comes with the MB and not the one that comes with the case)... there are protrusions that stick out from them acting like tension springs for some reason. Often times the protrusion for the onboard LAN hangs really low in front of the LAN plug itself. This can actually cause it to go into the LAN plug-in on the MB and make contact.

Anyway, make sure these are lined up properly around the back I/O panel items and that none of the "protrusions" are sticking into the I/O plugs themselves.

Hope that describes what I am referring to well enough, there are not really any terms for what I am trying to tell you about.

Otherwise, if it is happening with touching your video card I would suggest removing it and re-inserting it. You may not have a good contact - ie. not seated in the slot properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hmm.. push power and NADA?0