AeonMQ2 serious performance increase
I switched Aero theme to basic theme and the performance gain was incredible. the wall view is now extremely smooth to use and the animations are a treat,

give it a go, you might like it

can't live with the basic theme colour scheme, google around there are custom themes out there. i got a nice black one from DeviantArt
How is this news ?
AoOs Wrote:How is this news ?

Sorry mr troll, i didn't realise i was posting in the NEWS section, i thought it was the skin specific help and support section. I thought someone might find it useful as it could make the difference between sticking with a skin or not

Want to make yourself useful, i've a couple of questions in this very section you might like to take a stab at?
dirtymurt Wrote:I switched Aero theme to basic theme and the performance gain was incredible. the wall view is now extremely smooth to use and the animations are a treat,

give it a go, you might like it

can't live with the basic theme colour scheme, google around there are custom themes out there. i got a nice black one from DeviantArt

What are your hardware specs? I'm asking because Aero is supposed to be hardware accelerated, although on some combinations it will use software rendering. So that might explain the speed increase, but in most cases I would not expect to see it.

In fact turning Aero off disables the hardware acceleration for most things in Windows (including rendering) and uses cpu instead, so it can in fact be slower.
i have a core 2 duo and HD5450
But now windows outside of xbmc will be ugly! Sad
When I start XBMC on my ION, Windows 7 switches to Basic automatically anyways.
pigeldi Wrote:When I start XBMC on my ION, Windows 7 switches to Basic automatically anyways.

How do you do that?
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:But now windows outside of xbmc will be ugly! Sad

nope, search round for a skin for it.

ps windows is ugly anyway, if you want pretty OS X is for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AeonMQ2 serious performance increase0