• 4(current)
[RELEASE DATE] Aeon MQ 3
Ok, cool. Guess I'll hang off setting it all up again and just wait until MQ3 is available.
Wow...this is great news! I'll be there day one to try it out!
please, option to have square posters and thumbs. Rounded corners are so old fashioned
be kind, rewind
dirtymurt Wrote:please, option to have square posters and thumbs. Rounded corners are so old fashioned

You might want to direct your requests in the appropriately named Requests thread. However, something like that is a bit of a personal preference for Marcos himself, and I imagine that it looks the way it does because he likes it. I like rounded corners. I think they look nice and clean that way.
syk3d Wrote:You might want to direct your requests in the appropriately named Requests thread. However, something like that is a bit of a personal preference for Marcos himself, and I imagine that it looks the way it does because he likes it. I like rounded corners. I think they look nice and clean that way.

you are right about the section, oops

however, why are cinema posters, in say cinemas, not rounded? I guess the film studios think they look better that way maybe?
be kind, rewind
If you need help with the Danish translation let me know alright Smile On my way to donate aswell Wink
@ dirtymurt
no they don´t think it looks better it´s just cheaper to cut them straight!!
dirtymurt Wrote:you are right about the section, oops

however, why are cinema posters, in say cinemas, not rounded? I guess the film studios think they look better that way maybe?

Because they are postet on a wall, not inside a TV screen, that already has a 16:9 format.

It's not the square corners that makes them look ridiculous, per se. It's the rest of the screen.
stadtkind Wrote:@ dirtymurt
no they don´t think it looks better it´s just cheaper to cut them straight!!

film studios short of cash then? no, they die cut lots of things for the foyer of cinemas. posters are and all will be square because they look better that way
be kind, rewind
Cash wouldn't be an issue. I think it's probably more the fact that it would be a pain in the ass to cut things with rounded corners. But you're right, Cinemas have square corners on their posters.

But we're talking about an XBMC skin. And in my opinion, rounded corners look nicer in MQ2/MQ3. We could probably go deep into the psychology of things. I'm sure that liking rounded corners says something about my personality. Maybe I'm more relaxed? I don't know. Either way, let's agree to disagree.
is there a way to donate now and get it soon ?
also is there Hebrew support ?
Visit Marcos' site and click on the Paypal donate link. When you do, include your XBMC username so that he knows who you are. You'll get access to a private group where all the donators and contributors talk, and you will get access to alpha and beta builds of MQ3/4/5/etc.

Not to mention that it will make you feel better about yourself. I would highly suggest it if you use it frequently. Likewise with XBMC. Don't take advantage of everything. Wink
Ok done it
I donate in the link you gave
My user name is james341

still got nothing - where is the private group and i get access to it?
james341 Wrote:....

still got nothing - where is the private group and i get access to it?

you have to be invited by Marcos and you cant get the skin yet, its only for people who have been active in bug fixing and reporting etc. I can tell you that its worth waiting for though!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE DATE] Aeon MQ 30