• 102(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-04-10, 02:05)DeadpoolSA Wrote: OK, so if those two movies are part of a collection then why doesn't Constellation show a collection if you only have one movie? That seems like a flaw if that's the case. I don't want to edit the NFOs for those files individually. If Constellation can't show a collection with only one film then it needs to have an option to turn collection sorting off.

If I remember correctly, it's the way XBMC sends that information to the remotes... some remotes use a 'hack' to get around this, but Constellation is trying to stay away from any form of hacks to accomplish its goal. However, if you intentionally put a single movie into a collection Constellation will show that because that "Movie Set" will be included properly in your library so the information is sent correctly. I don't know if this has been solved yet in a newer version, but I think it's at least being looked into in the betas.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-04-10, 02:23)Archigos Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 02:05)DeadpoolSA Wrote: OK, so if those two movies are part of a collection then why doesn't Constellation show a collection if you only have one movie? That seems like a flaw if that's the case. I don't want to edit the NFOs for those files individually. If Constellation can't show a collection with only one film then it needs to have an option to turn collection sorting off.

If I remember correctly, it's the way XBMC sends that information to the remotes... some remotes use a 'hack' to get around this, but Constellation is trying to stay away from any form of hacks to accomplish its goal. However, if you intentionally put a single movie into a collection Constellation will show that because that "Movie Set" will be included properly in your library so the information is sent correctly. I don't know if this has been solved yet in a newer version, but I think it's at least being looked into in the betas.

You can turn off collection sorting from xbmc, when you assign the scraper to the movies folder, go to the settings menu and turn off movie sets... You will need to do a full re scan of your movie library though Confused

The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Hi,

I've skimmed the thread for an answer, but with so many pages, it's rather hard to find.
I have been searching for a good app for a long time now. A few weeks ago, I first discovered this app and it was love at first sight! I bought the app a few days after, thinking it was well worth the money.

Earlier this week, I had to restore my iPhone, after which I noticed that iTunes had downloaded a new version of the app. Since I'm an iPhone 3G owner, the app is no longer compatible with my iPhone Sad I can understand why though, as the 3G is starting to get quite slow... However, since I only just bought the app, I would like to be able to keep using it. Is there any way for me to get my hands on an older version? I don't mind using an older version as much, since then I'll at least be able to use it, rather than having to switch to another app.

Thanks in advance!
(2012-04-10, 20:05)Sazzyquinn Wrote: Is there any way for me to get my hands on an older version? I don't mind using an older version as much, since then I'll at least be able to use it, rather than having to switch to another app.

I think this is a problem with the appstore in general.

I reckon there should be a way to freeze App versions for old versions of IOS

ie. iOS 4.2 = max version 1.8 or whatever. The user only sees the latest version they can get at. and the Dev has to state if it's still beeing developed or if it's provided as is.

(2012-04-10, 21:04)prowlmedia Wrote: I reckon there should be a way to freeze App versions for old versions of IOS

That would be an awesome feature. It's not the first time this has happened, but it is the first time I actually cared about it Undecided
It's kinda weird how it does stop suggesting updates when your device stops supporting them, but it just won't let you install an older version.

Too bad I don't have the ipa file anymore locally, otherwise I could just use that.

Can't share on Facebook, getting "missing "type" field in media item" error.

Mailed your support 6 days ago with no reply.
(2012-04-10, 23:56)pax0707 Wrote: Can't share on Facebook, getting "missing "type" field in media item" error.

Mailed your support 6 days ago with no reply.

I know 6 (possibly 7 at this point) is awhile to wait... but some things to consider:
Granted I don't know where you live or what the contents of your email was... but the developers are located in Poland, so you most likely have time zones to contend with, as well as giving them some time to actually look into the issue(s) that were brought up.

Now, as far as the Facebook comment you made above... this is currently being looked into. Curious, you DO have the Facebook app installed on your iOS device correct? There is a possibility that the latest version of the Facebook app may have changed something in their API which may result in the error you see.

Sadly I pretty much 'hate' Facebook, so although I have it installed I have no idea what version I have and wouldn't really be of much use trying to debug this issue.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Social aspect of the app was one of major point why I decided to buy it and then to see it broken is a bit ... disappointing.

Yeah FB app is installed but if I remember correctly before posting it pulled web login popup and required permissions. After granting them it returned mentioned field error.
(2012-04-11, 07:01)pax0707 Wrote: Social aspect of the app was one of major point why I decided to buy it and then to see it broken is a bit ... disappointing.

Yeah FB app is installed but if I remember correctly before posting it pulled web login popup and required permissions. After granting them it returned mentioned field error.

Sounds to me that maybe the API was changed on Facebook's end since no one really seems to be commenting on this with prior to Facebook's latest update. Hopefully it's just a simple change that will make it to an upcoming beta soon and get passed to you guys shortly.
Running XBMC 11 on ATV2. Just bought this great app for JB iphone 4, but am not happy that it takes about two minutes to connect with JSON. HTTP is instant. This is very annoying if I want to switch between apps, or even looking up further info on IMDB. When I go back into Constellation, it takes another couple minutes to load.....

1. Why does it take so long?
2. Why does it not support multi tasking (background running)?
Hi

Can anyone help?

I have Constellation on my iPad 2 and running XBMC Eden on Win7 - everything works perfectly except for the remote function window.

Some of the buttons work (play, pause, fwd etc and volume) but the directional buttons, i, back, x etc do not.

Any tips on this?

MTIA
I have scraped a small list of films. In windows xbmc are 15 thumbnails, on the ipad with constellation there are only 9 thumbs.
I have synced (pull down to sync) and update video library, no more than 9 thumbs.

How can i get all the films ?
(2012-04-12, 22:57)TH3 M0L3 Wrote: Running XBMC 11 on ATV2. Just bought this great app for JB iphone 4, but am not happy that it takes about two minutes to connect with JSON. HTTP is instant. This is very annoying if I want to switch between apps, or even looking up further info on IMDB. When I go back into Constellation, it takes another couple minutes to load.....

1. Why does it take so long?
Because of the limited resources of both the atv2 and the iPhone, mine is the same, it doesn't bother me cos I usually just need the play pause buttons quickly and they work
Quote:2. Why does it not support multi tasking (background running)?
Again a resources limitation!

(2012-04-12, 22:57)KC87-MUFC Wrote: Hi

Can anyone help?

I have Constellation on my iPad 2 and running XBMC Eden on Win7 - everything works perfectly except for the remote function window.

Some of the buttons work (play, pause, fwd etc and volume) but the directional buttons, i, back, x etc do not.

Any tips on this?

MTIA

There is an option in xbmc to set that remote sends keyboard presses, is this on or off?

(2012-04-13, 12:06)Sonopanic Wrote: I have scraped a small list of films. In windows xbmc are 15 thumbnails, on the ipad with constellation there are only 9 thumbs.
I have synced (pull down to sync) and update video library, no more than 9 thumbs.

How can i get all the films ?

What scraper did you use and what films are missing? Can you see them on constellations home screen under recently added?
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
(2012-04-13, 16:30)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 22:57)KC87-MUFC Wrote: Hi

Can anyone help?

Any tips on this?

MTIA

There is an option in xbmc to set that remote sends keyboard presses, is this on or off?

I have tried it with this option both off and on.
Greetings! where i can get the retina version (2.2) for the ipad 3? i bought yesterday the pro version! and its fantastic on my iphone! and today ill get an ipad 3 only for this! thanks!
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5