• 103(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
Very cool app! I'm playing with the free version (just got it working on multiple HTPCs in the same house!).

Question: I'm not 100% clear on the added features of going Pro. It looks like some kind of support for plugins and the "landscape remote". Where is a clear "Pro feature list"?

Feature Request: This is critical for me... I need Constellation to play an entire music playlist. These would be the .m3u playlists that are in the playlists\music folder. Currently, I can browse to this folder using Constellation's "Files" view. Once there, I can see the contents of a playlist, but I can only play one song at a time or enqueue items one at a time (these are playlists with over 100 tracks sometimes). Also, the other way that I listen to music is to play by Genre. It would be great if Constellation would let me scroll through my Genres and start playing all tracks in the Genre I select (and a bonus would be randomize this every time). Listening to music is the most common thing we do on XBMC... pretty much plays constantly. But we never browse by Artist or Album.... it's always playlist or Genre driven.

Another feature request that's not as critical is to have a view in Constellation for Favourites with the ability to enqueue the Favourite item (and if the item is a folder or playlist, then Constellation should enqueue the entire contents).

Bug Report: So, for now, I have to start playing a music playlist through the normal interface on the TV screen. Once I do that, I can see the contents of the list in Constellation's "Playlist" view. The bug is that the blue bar at the top of the app that shows what item is currently playing is empty and stays empty. This is on iPhone 4S with version 2.1.3 of Constellation connecting to latest official Eden release of XBMC on Windows 7. Does Constellation only show "now playing" info in the blue bar if Constellation was used to initiate playback? If that's normal, then nevermind. It's not a critical issue.

Again, this thing is super cool... I just so much wish that I could play entire playlists from the iPhone interface.

-nickelarcade
(2012-04-13, 20:12)mercury79 Wrote: Greetings! where i can get the retina version (2.2) for the ipad 3? i bought yesterday the pro version! and its fantastic on my iphone! and today ill get an ipad 3 only for this! thanks!

It hasnt been released yet...
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
I have buy Pro Version for iPhone.
I would like to know, what exactly is showing on DASHBOARD,
I see some Music Albums, everytime I restart App, it show me new diffrent Albums,
What are this Albums, I didn't define any Playlist.
Are this "randome" Albums?
Or what?
How I can edit this function?
Thank you in advance for your respond.
Lejla
Does this app support multiple profiles in XBMC? I have two profiles set up in XBMC (Kids & Master). Can I switch between them?
(2012-04-12, 22:57)KC87-MUFC Wrote: Hi

Can anyone help?

I have Constellation on my iPad 2 and running XBMC Eden on Win7 - everything works perfectly except for the remote function window.

Some of the buttons work (play, pause, fwd etc and volume) but the directional buttons, i, back, x etc do not.

Any tips on this?

MTIA

You don't have event server enabled or a firewall is blocking port 9777UDP.

(2012-04-13, 20:12)mercury79 Wrote: Greetings! where i can get the retina version (2.2) for the ipad 3? i bought yesterday the pro version! and its fantastic on my iphone! and today ill get an ipad 3 only for this! thanks!

We have made some last moment extreme under the hood changes we need more testing ... ie. we have added live library updates i.e. if you mark a movie or episode as watched it will get instantly synced with constellation Smile The new iPad UI(retina) is done. It's a matter of 1 to 3 dayes before the app goes to apple

(2012-04-13, 21:23)nickelarcade Wrote: Very cool app! I'm playing with the free version (just got it working on multiple HTPCs in the same house!).

Question: I'm not 100% clear on the added features of going Pro. It looks like some kind of support for plugins and the "landscape remote". Where is a clear "Pro feature list"?

Feature Request: This is critical for me... I need Constellation to play an entire music playlist. These would be the .m3u playlists that are in the playlists\music folder. Currently, I can browse to this folder using Constellation's "Files" view. Once there, I can see the contents of a playlist, but I can only play one song at a time or enqueue items one at a time (these are playlists with over 100 tracks sometimes). Also, the other way that I listen to music is to play by Genre. It would be great if Constellation would let me scroll through my Genres and start playing all tracks in the Genre I select (and a bonus would be randomize this every time). Listening to music is the most common thing we do on XBMC... pretty much plays constantly. But we never browse by Artist or Album.... it's always playlist or Genre driven.

Another feature request that's not as critical is to have a view in Constellation for Favourites with the ability to enqueue the Favourite item (and if the item is a folder or playlist, then Constellation should enqueue the entire contents).

Bug Report: So, for now, I have to start playing a music playlist through the normal interface on the TV screen. Once I do that, I can see the contents of the list in Constellation's "Playlist" view. The bug is that the blue bar at the top of the app that shows what item is currently playing is empty and stays empty. This is on iPhone 4S with version 2.1.3 of Constellation connecting to latest official Eden release of XBMC on Windows 7. Does Constellation only show "now playing" info in the blue bar if Constellation was used to initiate playback? If that's normal, then nevermind. It's not a critical issue.

Again, this thing is super cool... I just so much wish that I could play entire playlists from the iPhone interface.

-nickelarcade

Thanks for your time and the review.
> Where is a clear "Pro feature list"?
-No ads
-Full Youtube support
-Landscape remote (iPhone)
-Switching TVChannels

I will look into this and try to add a option to enqueue a whole playlist.

>Bug Report
Yes, that's a bug. This will be fixed in 2.2 as we have rebuild the now playing transport

(2012-04-13, 23:33)Lejla Wrote: I have buy Pro Version for iPhone.
I would like to know, what exactly is showing on DASHBOARD,
I see some Music Albums, everytime I restart App, it show me new diffrent Albums,
What are this Albums, I didn't define any Playlist.
Are this "randome" Albums?
Or what?
How I can edit this function?
Thank you in advance for your respond.
Lejla

>What exactly is showing on DASHBOARD:
Recently added items.

(2012-04-13, 23:36)mrfatboy Wrote: Does this app support multiple profiles in XBMC? I have two profiles set up in XBMC (Kids & Master). Can I switch between them?

Add two hosts one XBMC_Master second XBMC_Kids you will have to switch by your own as we ave found a way to switch profiles but theres a bug in XBMC witch has been reported a 100 times and causes XBMC to close the JSON RPC socket and crashes the host

Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
got a problem with quite a bit of my tvshows missing episodes in the app, while they are there in xbmc. any idea? the shows tend to display "season x" but no episode info is displayed in the app. I tried resetting it, resyncing but that didnt help.
(2012-04-05, 20:57)Sabbi Wrote: Regarding the Thumnails/fanart images not showing, I noticed that the problem probably lies in the URL encoding that Constellation uses, and how Eden parses it.

If I install a custom build of Eden without the following change Constellation works perfectly:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/d5b3...8c54a087ad

Dont know if a fix should happen in xbmc or in constellation, but this is the cause of the problem.

(ps any people using Crystalbuntu can use my build by running the ./configure tool and choosing to download a build: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24352512/xbmc-11.0.tar.gz its just standard xbmc eden straight from official source + above change)

hi, this fix works ok but i was wondering (total linux noob btw) that if i can apply a change to an existing version of xbmc on my crystalbuntu box so as to keep the pvr functionality etc...

HI,

I've just purchased Constellation and really like it. I'm using Openelec and it was not problem to connect it to the Beat 1 PVR which has been released a few days ago. Great.

Also the Movies/Pictures and Music is displayed properly the only section I can't get to work is the Live-TV one. In Openelec it works very smooth with the VU+ Backend that connect to a dreambox.Channels and bouquets are all assigned and visible in Openelec but Constellation does not recognize it. Perhaps it's the backend that's not implemented yet.

Thanks and Regards,

Alex
Awesome application!, i love it.

Why don't add a direct stream of the xbmc server contents ? In-app or maybe using a player like ace player o good player ?

(2012-04-16, 00:22)Renegita Wrote: Awesome application!, i love it.

Why don't add a direct stream of the xbmc server contents ? In-app or maybe using a player like ace player o good player ?

They haven't added that to XBMC Constellation because they have created a dedicated app with that function called Plex Constellation (Plex works on all the major platforms)
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I'm using the iPhone version of constellation. The 'files' command is buggy. When I try to view my movie library folder only 3 files show up out of 300+ movies. The folder is a mix of individual m4v files and folders with m4v, jpg, nfo, etc.

Is it working for anybody else?
(2012-04-16, 12:01)Archigos Wrote:

They haven't added that to XBMC Constellation because they have created a dedicated app with that function called Plex Constellation (Plex works on all the major platforms)

Ok, thank for your answer. Actually I don't have a plex server running on my LAN. My xbmc db is hosted on my synology nas MySQL server. Is there a way to use plex server with xbmc db ?

Hi,

Post Eden, Montellese made a number of updates to the RPC, although I believe they are backwards compatible (based on this commit: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/191d6c7f4...170285debb ) with the Eden 'fina' version, BUT XBMC Constellation doesn't seem to show the library etc any longer...

Something tells me that it's due to this ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e65c...443a3312ce ) 'tightening' in the XBMC side, and if so, I'm hoping the Constellation could be corrected? I'd really like to update to the nightly versions of XBMC, as support for building libraries such that files are imported/shown based on file creation/modification timestamp support has been added.

Thanks for reading!
This is awesome, looking forward to the android version a lot!
(2012-04-16, 12:34)Renegita Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 12:01)Archigos Wrote:

Ok, thank for your answer. Actually I don't have a plex server running on my LAN. My xbmc db is hosted on my synology nas MySQL server. Is there a way to use plex server with xbmc db ?
As far as I know Plex can't use XBMC's DB's (probably because of the falling out between XBMC and the guys that broke away to do Plex) which means you have to maintain the databases independently. However, I'm not sure if Plex will run on that platform to begin with (I never looked into it because I run both on Windows). You're best bet is to visit their site and see if they offer your platform and follow up from there if they can use XBMC's databases (I haven't checked that in a LONG time).

(2012-04-16, 15:23)edrikk Wrote: Hi,

Post Eden, Montellese made a number of updates to the RPC, although I believe they are backwards compatible (based on this commit: http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/191d6c7f4...170285debb ) with the Eden 'fina' version, BUT XBMC Constellation doesn't seem to show the library etc any longer...

Something tells me that it's due to this ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/e65c...443a3312ce ) 'tightening' in the XBMC side, and if so, I'm hoping the Constellation could be corrected? I'd really like to update to the nightly versions of XBMC, as support for building libraries such that files are imported/shown based on file creation/modification timestamp support has been added.

Thanks for reading!
The guys at FSS have always been pretty good with keeping up with Nightly builds and the latest RC version has gotten to the testers so my guess would be once that version goes live they will start to incorporate Nighlies again.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5