• 106(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-04-25, 01:26)ixian Wrote: Any idea when 2.2 is due to show up? Does Apple even let devs know? Curious to see if it fixes a couple lingering issues I've been having with Thumbnails and FTR channel icons not showing.
From what I hear from multiple developers, Apple isn't normally forward with that process, sure they have a more personal experience with some, but normally it's 'submit your app' > 'wait awhile' > then either it shows up in the AppStore or you get a call/email saying no with a slim possibility of why not. I think most people say it's an average of 2 weeks.

(2012-04-25, 01:52)GeezerJT Wrote: hi great app am torn between it and commander.

I have a issue though, i have two xmbc setups one where the media is stored and this works no problem but on the other system where it gets media from the first system, all images wont show up in constellation, it can see the files but no images are displayed.

the same setup works fine with commander.

any idea what to do?
This is explained under the 'image/password' issue. You MUST have a username/password set up and you MUST NOT allow them to contain special characters (#$%^&*, etc.)
A lot of our users have mutliple XBMC systems like that (I have 3 systems total all pulling media from the same system) and I can get images in Constellation from all of them.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Some how I cant seem to delete a radio station I was trying to add. Its in the book mark and seems like there is no way to delete once it is added. Is it a bug or just me? I manage to get everything working except for this part.
(2012-04-25, 07:07)t2rx7crx Wrote: Some how I cant seem to delete a radio station I was trying to add. Its in the book mark and seems like there is no way to delete once it is added. Is it a bug or just me? I manage to get everything working except for this part.

Swipe it left and the delete button will show up...
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Confirmed : removing the '#' from the password solved the thumbs problem. Still though, that's quite an annoying limitation.
Question : is there a plan to make Constellation a sort of streaming UPNP player. I mean - add the ability to play XBMC videos on the IPad itself straight from Constellation (like it is possible for youtube videos) ?
(2012-04-25, 11:36)joro_abv Wrote: Confirmed : removing the '#' from the password solved the thumbs problem. Still though, that's quite an annoying limitation.
Question : is there a plan to make Constellation a sort of streaming UPNP player. I mean - add the ability to play XBMC videos on the IPad itself straight from Constellation (like it is possible for youtube videos) ?

This has also been address not long ago and FSS already makes another application that does this. "Plex Constellation" does everything you're asking for, however you have to be running Plex Server on your HTPC. Skim over the last couple pages and look for other posts that I have done and you'll find at least one describing more of the Plex related stuff.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-04-25, 11:36)joro_abv Wrote: Confirmed : removing the '#' from the password solved the thumbs problem. Still though, that's quite an annoying limitation.

It's already been said a few times in the last few pages complex password support has been fixed in V2.2, which will be available in the app store soon
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
(2012-04-25, 11:45)Archigos Wrote:

This has also been address not long ago and FSS already makes another application that does this. "Plex Constellation" does everything you're asking for, however you have to be running Plex Server on your HTPC. Skim over the last couple pages and look for other posts that I have done and you'll find at least one describing more of the Plex related stuff.

Well, thx for the answer, but the question was can we expect this for the XBMC version ?

(2012-04-26, 09:18)joro_abv Wrote: Well, thx for the answer, but the question was can we expect this for the XBMC version ?
Again.... this doesn't appear possible for XBMC due to XBMC and not the remotes which was stated in one of the posts I mentioned to be skimmed over. So, flat out.... No. That's why they created the other app to begin with.
(2012-04-19, 16:53)edrikk Wrote:
(2012-04-19, 04:23)Archigos Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 11:26)Burbulence Wrote: when did the nightlies start up againHuh
No idea if they did start... just the way the user stated it sounded like they may have... Tongue

Well, "nightlies" don't have to come from XBMC folks. One can get the source and compile themselves, or if wanted, a google search for "XBMC nightly" will show as first hit "www.sshcs.com/xbmc/" from where nighties can be downloaded (although I checked that, and that's about a week behind now)...

FYI Burbulence... Official XBMC nightly builds have commenced...

Hi,

I'm running latest ver of XBMC and IPad 2 5.1 iOS. O can't get constellation to work. I got all the settings up as per instructions. When I add the host in the app, my htpc gets a nice pop up that says new connection constellation app. However http and Json both are failed and not connected tried to access my ip:8080 however I get a white web page with black text that says invalid request.

Where am I going wrong?

When is the update out pleaseeee?? I want thumbs

Tried that but still not working. But thanks any way

(2012-04-25, 11:00)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 07:07)t2rx7crx Wrote: Some how I cant seem to delete a radio station I was trying to add. Its in the book mark and seems like there is no way to delete once it is added. Is it a bug or just me? I manage to get everything working except for this part.

(2012-04-26, 20:55)mikeprep Wrote: Hi,
I'm running latest ver of XBMC and IPad 2 5.1 iOS. O can't get constellation to work. I got all the settings up as per instructions. When I add the host in the app, my htpc gets a nice pop up that says new connection constellation app. However http and Json both are failed and not connected tried to access my ip:8080 however I get a white web page with black text that says invalid request.
Where am I going wrong?
It seems strange that XBMC prompts the remote connection while still leaving you not connected along with the ip:port giving you a 'dead' page makes me wonder if somehow the networking on XBMC's end got screwed up. I guess the first suggestion I would have is reboot the machine if you haven't done so in awhile and change the port in XBMC to something you know is not being used (say like in the 6000 range or something) and try that. If neither of these work, please PM me with more details about your network (the HTPC OS, etc.) and I'll see what I can do.

(2012-04-26, 23:10)Swooshey Wrote: When is the update out pleaseeee?? I want thumbs
There have been numerous posts about how to correct the thumbnail issue (involves removing special characters from username/password). I skimmed back in the thread a bit and didn't notice any previous posts from you so I'm unsure if you are having the same issue, however you need to provide more information for anyone to be able to help you. Look back over the last couple pages in regards to the thumbnails and try the suggestions, if you've already tried them and they don't seem to work, please post again and give more details about your setup.

As far as the next version release... soon. The betas are doing great, but no matter how you look at it, you still have to deal with Apple taking their sweet time as well. Sad

(2012-04-27, 06:16)t2rx7crx Wrote: Tried that but still not working. But thanks any way
(2012-04-25, 11:00)Burbulence Wrote:
Are you swiping TO the left, or FROM the left? I don't use radio stations, but I'd assume it's the same way as deleting any media... start from the left and swipe TO the right and "Delete" should show up on the right end of that item. If that doesn't work, might be a bug? (Guess I'll have to fiddle with Radio Stations later... after Skyrim anyway.)
Here's my original post I would pay for someone to help me that's how much I want this app working.

(2012-04-18 13:03)Swooshey Wrote:  
Movies thumbnails not loading/showing

Please somebody help, I have got the constellation remote control app everything is working fine connects to JSON RPC fine and to HTTP no probs, I love the app, I can use the remote side fine… BUT I can’t see any movies, tv shows albums etc, it says pull down to sync and nothing happens I’ve tried everything now I’m stuck.
Please help I would love to see thumbnails on my ipad/iphone

Ive been through all the setup up steps still no joy

I’m using Appletv2 with XBMC Eden v11 and have PRO version of Constellation on ipone4 and ipad 3

Do I need to do anything through terminal?
(2012-04-27, 09:19)Swooshey Wrote: Here's my original post I would pay for someone to help me that's how much I want this app working.

(2012-04-18 13:03)Swooshey Wrote:  
Movies thumbnails not loading/showing

Please somebody help, I have got the constellation remote control app everything is working fine connects to JSON RPC fine and to HTTP no probs, I love the app, I can use the remote side fine… BUT I can’t see any movies, tv shows albums etc, it says pull down to sync and nothing happens I’ve tried everything now I’m stuck.
Please help I would love to see thumbnails on my ipad/iphone

Ive been through all the setup up steps still no joy

I’m using Appletv2 with XBMC Eden v11 and have PRO version of Constellation on ipone4 and ipad 3

Do I need to do anything through terminal?
Sorry I missed the post, I didn't scan that far back when I made my comment. If you'd like, you can PM me your username for any of the major IM services (Yahoo, AIM/AOL, MSN, Skype, etc.) and we can find a good time to chat that way and I can try to walk through a few things to help you out.

A quick reminder/note about AppleTV hardware:
Although very capable hardware for audio/video playback, it does have it's limitations and pending on the size of your library it may take a LONG time to sync (or even timeout).
So, a few suggestions:
Verify your network settings in XBMC and make sure both username/password are set (with NO special characters, which includes spaces).
Open Safari on your iDevice and try to navigate to XBMC's web interface at http://XBMCIP:Port (ex: http://192.168.1.2:8080) and it should prompt you for the username/password you set up. Enter those and verify that your images show up.
If you just installed the app (or removed the HOST)
  • Double tap the home button and force close ALL non essential apps
  • Open app, proceed to add your host details, then do NOT touch your device until the sync bar fully finishes
If you already have your host setup and recently removed the database for whatever reason
  • Double tap home button and force close ALL non essential apps
  • Open app, set your device down and don't touch it until sync fully finishes
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5