• 71(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
mike71 Wrote:Also I did the check on my computer to see if the host was working by doing http://computername.local:8080 and it works fine. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Press the test button in host settings, if it fails you've done something wrong... Username password, wrong port number... Also make sure sync on WWAN is off in options menu
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:what is the exact date of the version of xbmc you are using compiled?

Info can be found under system info

Thanks all!
Can't seem to get the Cenema experience to work, pressing the Play Button for 2 seconds... I saw something about having to go PRO ($4.99) for iPad version :-( to get plugins to work, but that didn't seem to help. I am on 11.00 Beta and newest Cinema Plug in.
akakillroy Wrote:Can't seem to get the Cenema experience to work, pressing the Play Button for 2 seconds... I saw something about having to go PRO ($4.99) for iPad version :-( to get plugins to work, but that didn't seem to help. I am on 11.00 Beta and newest Cinema Plug in.

I don't use CE anymore, but it's possible the latest update to that plugin broke something... Since you're using Eden Beta, can you attempt to do a rollback on the CE plugin and see if going back one fixes it?
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Burbulence Wrote:Press the test button in host settings, if it fails you've done something wrong... Username password, wrong port number... Also make sure sync on WWAN is off in options menu

I did the test many times but nothing is wrong. It is set up the exact same way as it is for my Iphone, it just won't work. Not sure what else I can do but wait for a new version and hope it works then I guess.
I have tried off and on to set up remote controls for XBMC for almost a year now on both my iPad 2 and android phone with no success. I installed Constellation on my ipad a few months ago and couldn't get it to work got frustrated and uninstalled it. today I decided to try again.

first off networking isn't my strongest area. so are my specs.

I have the latest Eden build installed on win 7 64bit system. I'm running avast for antivirus and firewall. I have a belkin N wireless router. I set up virtual servers for ports 8080 and 9777 the private IP address is set for the system that I am running XBMC on . I keep getting the error on the ipad to check IP/Host, It is correct ip of the system running XBMC. I check the XBMC interface and it is running .

in Constellation my settings are
pc's ip address listed in XBMC
port 8080
username XBMC
eventserver on (I've tried on and off)
everything else is the default

the rest of my settings

The XBMC settings are

router settings :

firewall setting in avast

Stargirl Wrote:I have tried off and on to set up remote controls for XBMC for almost a year now on both my iPad 2 and android phone with no success. I installed Constellation on my ipad a few months ago and couldn't get it to work got frustrated and uninstalled it. today I decided to try again.

first off networking isn't my strongest area. so are my specs.

I have the latest Eden build installed on win 7 64bit system. I'm running avast for antivirus and firewall. I have a belkin N wireless router. I set up virtual servers for ports 8080 and 9777 the private IP address is set for the system that I am running XBMC on . I keep getting the error on the ipad to check IP/Host, It is correct ip of the system running XBMC. I check the XBMC interface and it is running .

in Constellation my settings are
pc's ip address listed in XBMC
port 8080
username XBMC
eventserver on (I've tried on and off)
everything else is the default

the rest of my settings

The XBMC settings are
Image removed
router settings :
Image removed
firewall setting in avast
Image removed

First, welcome to the forums... Second, it appears on the second screenshot that although you have marked the ports for forwarding they don't appear to be active.
First step would be to make sure both those boxes are checked.
The next step would be (on the iPad) open Safari or whatever browser you have on there and navigate to http://192.168.2.6:8080 and see if it gives you an error.
If you do get an error, try changing the user/pass in XBMC to either include BOTH a username and password, or remove both (don't use a username with no password) and try again. Hopefully, that will solve any issues, but if it doesn't, you can contact me via PM and we can chat via Instant Messenger to solve your problem.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
I figured out my issue all this time I thought I had my window firewall disabled but it was enabled. I checked the settings and it said public was enabled for XBMC and private was blocked. I enabled private and it now works!
Stargirl Wrote:I figured out my issue all this time I thought I had my window firewall disabled but it was enabled. I checked the settings and it said public was enabled for XBMC and private was blocked. I enabled private and it now works!

Glad you got it working... Big Grin
Archigos Wrote:Glad you got it working... Big Grin
now the only thing I have to figure out is how to get the movie, tv shows and music to show up on the dashboard right now I can only view it if I go through files.
Stargirl Wrote:now the only thing I have to figure out is how to get the movie, tv shows and music to show up on the dashboard right now I can only view it if I go through files.

Have you scanned the media into your Library (in XBMC)?
mike71 Wrote:I did the test many times but nothing is wrong. It is set up the exact same way as it is for my Iphone, it just won't work. Not sure what else I can do but wait for a new version and hope it works then I guess.

If it works on your phone but not on your iPad then you have set something up wrong, we just have to figure out what! Can you provide a list of your settings? Screenshots would be good of options and host settings from your iPad
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Burbulence Wrote:If it works on your phone but not on your iPad then you have set something up wrong, we just have to figure out what! Can you provide a list of your settings? Screenshots would be good of options and host settings from your iPad

I was able to get it to work on my ipad by inputting all the settings manually on XBMC constellation rather than allowing it to automatically find the host and fill in the info. I still can't figure out why it didn't work by automatically finding the host info like it did on my Iphone 4 but at least it is working. Thanks for trying to help, much appreciated.
anybody know how to get the popup that says "detected new connection" to turn off? Everytime I turn on or off my ipad it pops up on the screen. Doesn't seem to matter what skin i'm using. Can't find a setting for it in network preferences.

thanks,
noumenon
@FSS.cc

I think you are doing a great job on this app. Even more so with updates and continuing posts with support on this thread.

I would l to offer a suggestion. This is based on my experience today. My wife wanted to watch a movie and I told her to use your app to pick which one she wanted to view. She tried the browsing and found that the thumbnails/info are way to small to read.

I would have to agree with her. I know you are trying to put as much info on the screen as possible but when it gets to small it defeats the purpose.

Anyway, she will not use your app anymore Sad

So I come here asking you to possibly revamp some of the browser GUI and make it bigger. Bigger movie poster thumbnail. Title name. Lose the "movie length". Maybe make 1 thumbnail/poster movie poster per paid. Maybe 4? Maybe an option.?

Keep the good work. I would appreciate a reply back letting me know if this is possible or no way in hell Smile
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5