• 69(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
AppleCo Wrote:No it just say that JSON but nothing else no light no disconnect, i tried port 8080 and 9777 but its not working. Dont know how but it brought up my tv shows but i can only watch the covers but cant choose a episode and it dont show me the movies at all.

I'm also stuck with yellow status, no movies...

Http is green Json has no status

thanks
/J
jfreud Wrote:I'm also stuck with yellow status, no movies...

thanks
/J

Appletv (black, silver remote) - xbmc pre-11, june
Constellation 1.9.1 on ipad 2
All media on nas, accessed using smb (username and password)

The remote works (most buttons) but status is always "nothing is playing". No movies shows up. Tv series shows up but no episodes are listed.

Http is green, json has no status indication.

Followed all instructions in the youtube-clip.

Xbmc works great on the appletv, the movie library is working with fan art etc.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
/J
deuce Wrote:Hi all
I did not find the button to resume movie and/or Tv shows. Where is it ?
Thx and keep up the great job!

Bump

Plus :

1- Audio track switch does not work
2- Is that the 'resume' button ? Actually, a howto or changelog would be very usefull ...
Neutron69ch Wrote:First: great work FSS-Guy's! This XBMC-Remot are a wonder!! Fu** iTunes for ever, no more this dummy-tool from apple.
Second: I'have over my X-Mas-Hollyday's all my MP3 tagged with ID3-Tag's (with MP3Tag). It looks sooooo great! I musst allways play with my iPad(1) and I discover my music-libarery new.
But now I have a small problem. I have an aestethic eye Smile Under constellatin in the tap artist are not all pictures from the right artist displayed. 90% are okey but it have some specials entries they are without an pic. Now have I under XBMC self, they insertd. But constellation will they not take over /accept. What can I do? (for example: one republic, Timbaland, Mattafix, ... are without a picture or the french artist "alizée" become the picture from Aliceé Coper - not realy the same Wink)

the rest is incredible!!

PS: when you looking for person's how test newer beta-version's so let my now.

Greetings from Switzerland
First: I agree about iTunes Big Grin
Second:
> If you had the music in your library in XBMC before you fixed the images (and tags for that matter), your best bet is in XBMC do a clean of the music database just in case (remove bad stuff) then in Constellation, touch the Cog icon and remove the database, give it a minute to do that, then either close and reopen the app to sync again, or go to Music, Movies, TV, one at a time and pull down far enough to sync each one.
> If that's not the case, or you just want to try this first, touch the Cog icon and Flush image cache, then allow it to sync again to fix the images.
> If neither of the above work and you still have some blanks, check the dimensions of those images... if they're huge, try to resize them to something smaller... otherwise, post back with some more detail or PM me and we can try to figure it out.

BBrian Wrote:I didn't like how I had to pay for the iPhone app and the iPad app. Like, who has an iPad and doesn't have an iPhone? I'd rather click once and enter my password once than twice.

Just bought it the other day when my girlfriend gave me an iPad. Very MTV Cribs. I was so impressed I showed you with my money.
Which version did you try to pay for first, iPad or iPhone? If you bought the iPad version first, you should have been able to just restore that purchase ("Go Pro" -> "Restore Purchase") on the iPhone to get it. If you bought it on the iPhone first, there were two options... The cheaper one was to unlock ONLY the iPhone, the more expensive one (same price as on iPad) would unlock for both using the "Restore Purchase" option on the other device.
P.S. I had an iPad for almost a year before I got my iPhone (had to wait for the CDMA iPhone) Laugh

jfreud Wrote:Appletv (black, silver remote) - xbmc pre-11, june

The remote works (most buttons) but status is always "nothing is playing". No movies shows up. Tv series shows up but no episodes are listed.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
/J
First, you should try to update to a newer version of Pre-Eden (there have been a LOT of JSON changes, among other things, since June). After you update, that 'should' solve most, if not all of your problems... but if it doesn't, it may be a router or firewall issue (doubtful, but possible).

deuce Wrote:Bump

Plus :

1- Audio track switch does not work
2- Is that the 'resume' button ? Actually, a howto or changelog would be very usefull ...

1- Last time I checked, Audio Switch worked for me (not on every movie that had multiple audio, but most)
2- That button is for Continuous Play (Example, touch that on a S01E01 file and it will start the beginning of the season and keep playing in order until you stop it).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
will be good if you or dev team can create instruction/manual with information of all button functions, when they find some free time Smile
castortray Wrote:will be good if you or dev team can create instruction/manual with information of all button functions, when they find some free time Smile

I've been working on that (and a few dozen other things all at once)... You can see what I've got so far at my HTPC Wiki... It obviously needs updating since that page was for version 1.4.2 of Constellation, but one of us will get to it by the end of the week at the latest and update it to the latest version... (might take a little extra time to write-out/describe every button/function).
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
iorifly Wrote:I would like to reinforce my request:

I would like to have list button on youtube, just because whenever a need to look for another video and put.
I would like to get my favorite youtube, also add a video to my favorite youtube.
I would like to access my lists from youtube video.

Thank you please think about it!
As you all now xbmc supports now airplay witch means that you can play youtube videos out of the box with the iPad youtube app. If we get some time we will be doing this, for now we are hard @ work with the iPhone app we are doing a big logic redesign.

DazFC Wrote:Hey guys. I've enjoyed the last few updates and decided to support you work buy buying the full app. The plugin selector is great but I've had little luck with the commands management.

I have a remote app which I can call using "touch-ir://" but Constellation wont allow me to use a '-' character saying "Entered command is invalid". it works fine via Safari

The second issue is with sending a special key '\' which toggles fullscreen and windowed mode. The issue is it doesnt. I could remap around this but it'd be nice if it worked out of the box.

Thanks
I will have a look @ this and we will get it fixed in the next release

TheShortOfIt Wrote:Makes me really sad to see how much great Remotes offered for IOS but not Android Sad Really would love to see a port of this
@well we have made some decisions about that. The Android should be out just ater the first quoter of 2012. ;-)

Quaith Wrote:Found a little bug regarding the PVR part of the app. When you want to record something it ignores the setting that you want to record a show 2 min for example before it starts. This sometimes is needed, and would be awesome to have. Smile

-edit-

Also something that maybe should be looked into. I think you're aware of the bug that sometimes gives songs weird numbering, starting with 65537. I know that it's not related to Constellation, but I read that the guy behind XBMC Commander wanted to make a workaround for his app in the next version. I couldn't find the ticket related to this issue so I don't know the status on when this is fixed, but maybe this is something you guys could also do Smile
PVR bug: hmm sure I will make a pull request to XBMC about that thx!

BBrian Wrote:I didn't like how I had to pay for the iPhone app and the iPad app. Like, who has an iPad and doesn't have an iPhone? I'd rather click once and enter my password once than twice.

Just bought it the other day when my girlfriend gave me an iPad. Very MTV Cribs. I was so impressed I showed you with my money.
thx Smile well we know we have to improve the payment management we will try to do it in the next release.

jfreud Wrote:I'm also stuck with yellow status, no movies...

thanks
/J

Please check your ports. type in safair http://XBMC_IP:8080/
also ports 9090(tcp) and 9777(udp) for event sever

Any ideas?

Kind regards
/J
for apple Tv you have to give it some time ATV2 has a really slow CPU when it comes to serializing the json data...
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook

Any ideas?

Kind regards
/J

Guy you do realise the official Eden beta was released a few days ago?
So there really is no need to still use a nightly build... Especially a build from 6 months ago.

See Here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Eden_Beta for atv2 install from the wiki

Other formats are available from the xbmc downloads page here http://xbmc.org/download/
The specific forum for Constellation can be found Here.

If anyone is looking for a usenet account try here, great unlimited service!
Archigos Wrote:1- Last time I checked, Audio Switch worked for me (not on every movie that had multiple audio, but most)
2- That button is for Continuous Play (Example, touch that on a S01E01 file and it will start the beginning of the season and keep playing in order until you stop it).

Thanks for the answer. So to summarize :

XBMC 10.1 - Constellation 1.9.1

Image Image

Bugs :
1- The 'Continuous play' button does not work for me. When pressed, nothing append.
2- Sometimes the small thumbnail is not displayed.
3- Audio switch does not work for me. Always return 'No audio available' whatever mkv is played (dts, ac3, dts-hd etc.). Subtitles button works like a charm though.
4- Runtime is wrong (always 1:00 or 0:00). Xbmc displays the correct runtime though.
5- What the 'popcorn' switch is for ?

Features welcomed for the next release :

a) A 'resume' button (sry if it already exists but I did not find out).

Thank you again for the job guys.
deuce Wrote:Thanks for the answer. So to summarize :

XBMC 10.1 - Constellation 1.9.1

Bugs :
1- The 'Continuous play' button does not work for me. When pressed, nothing append.
2- Sometimes the small thumbnail is not displayed.
3- Audio switch does not work for me. Always return 'No audio available' whatever mkv is played (dts, ac3, dts-hd etc.). Subtitles button works like a charm though.
4- Runtime is wrong (always 1:00 or 0:00). Xbmc displays the correct runtime though.
5- What the 'popcorn' switch is for ?

Features welcomed for the next release :
a) A 'resume' button (sry if it already exists but I did not find out).
Thank you again for the job guys.

1- I haven't used 10.1 in so long, this might be a Pre-Eden only feature, and I don't have a system to readily test 10.1 on right now to check.
2- I noticed that before (in older versions) but haven't noticed it lately, granted it may be happening and I just didn't notice anymore.
3- If you search this thread, I think someone talked about an issue specifically with audio in *.mkv files, if I remember correct, the audio switch works fine in other formats and that the mkv issue might not be Constellation's fault and may be either iOS or XBMC... (sorry, it's been awhile since it was talked about)
4- Does the runtime show up proper if you open the info for the movie/show in XBMC itself (on screen)? I know I have a couple movies that show as 0 but that's because of the NFO I created for it didn't have the runtime (used Ember against 0kb fake files, so it couldn't detect the codecs, etc).
5- The "Cinema Experience" addon.
a) I think Dawid said it 'should' be included in v2... if not, shortly after... either way, it's being worked on.
This is the resume button Wink

The play button got a a little bit more intelligent i.e.
If you enter the TV show and swipe the fanart up(with one finger) or pres the play button it will just play the next unwatched episode.

EDIT:
Most of the features work in EDEN only as they are only available in eden Smile
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Please check your ports. type in safair http://XBMC_IP:8080/
also ports 9090(tcp) and 9777(udp) for event sever

for apple Tv you have to give it some time ATV2 has a really slow CPU when it comes to serializing the json data...

Thanks, 8080 works, the other two do not. Im on the same 192.168.1 network as the atw, what must I change in the router (or atv)? Thank you for your help!

i tried port forwarding to the atvConfused ip, but that does not help.

The horrible soulmote works :-(
Burbulence Wrote:what type of file is the custom artwork?

It is not custom. I just scrape it with another program (SickBeard, etc) which pulls from thetvdb.com for instance. They are standard jpg. I don't let XBMC crawl and do the scrape, so I was wondering if this was the reason I see no artwork in the app? Everything renders as expected on XBMC on the PC and in other remote applications, just not XBMC Constellation (which is the one I want to use, and buy [if I can get artwork working]).

Thanks.
This app is great unfortunately I never got a response back to my email that I sent to the email address on the webste about a week ago so I am on here now.

Anyway, I am running EDEN beta 1 on my HTPC and using this app on an iPhone 4S and everything works flawlessly except for the massive stutter issue every time this app connects. The video stutters for about 15 seconds. I don't understand why this app does it and none of the other remote apps that I have tried don't. Is there a fix coming for this soon? I have tried turning off the notification that tells you constellation connected, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Also, for the people that are having problems with JSON RPC, this is how I fixed mine. I don't know if you are having the same issues, but I run SABnzbd and have HTTPS mode enabled which uses port 9090 as well. I have port 9090 forwarded in my router to my HTPC, but JSON also connects on port 9090. So every time JSON would try to connect SAB would come in and tell it go to hell, basically it was a conflict. I changed the port on SAB to something else and I got the green light in Constellation. So I guess what I'm trying to say is to make sure you have no ports conflicting and everything is port forwarded to where it should be.

I paid the 4.99 for the full version of this app and it is well worth it, but the stutter issue is driving me insane! Shocked
dabba Wrote:This app is great unfortunately I never got a response back to my email that I sent to the email address on the webste about a week ago so I am on here now.

Anyway, I am running EDEN beta 1 on my HTPC and using this app on an iPhone 4S and everything works flawlessly except for the massive stutter issue every time this app connects. The video stutters for about 15 seconds. I don't understand why this app does it and none of the other remote apps that I have tried don't. Is there a fix coming for this soon? I have tried turning off the notification that tells you constellation connected, but it made no difference whatsoever.

Also, for the people that are having problems with JSON RPC, this is how I fixed mine. I don't know if you are having the same issues, but I run SABnzbd and have HTTPS mode enabled which uses port 9090 as well. I have port 9090 forwarded in my router to my HTPC, but JSON also connects on port 9090. So every time JSON would try to connect SAB would come in and tell it go to hell, basically it was a conflict. I changed the port on SAB to something else and I got the green light in Constellation. So I guess what I'm trying to say is to make sure you have no ports conflicting and everything is port forwarded to where it should be.

I paid the 4.99 for the full version of this app and it is well worth it, but the stutter issue is driving me insane! Shocked

sorry for not replaying to your e-mail I don't think i got it...
The "massive stutter" problem is caused by XBMC not the app. Constellation is the only app witch can sync a library od 2k movies 3k tv episodes and 8K albums under 10s (of course this is hardware dependent ie on a ATV2 this will take 5 minuts Smile )... to the point the problem only happens if you are not using hardware acceleration i.e. VDPAU... mysql also helps in this on a separate host. The json serialization takes to much CPU power and there comes the "massive stutter" efect ...

I.e. I don't have any of the problems at all im using:
2x ZBOX id11 as a frontend
1x Atom 1.6 dual core on my backend(sab + couch + ... + mysql)
1x E350 powered unraid server pro

I don't know whats the best way dealing with this... make the library sync slower or just give a option to not start it on app entry?

What kind of hardware are you using and on what os ?
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5