How do I automate library export?
There are two types of export:

1. Export to single file - you specify a folder and XBMC writes an XML file and all the associated fanart etc to this folder.

2. Export to separate files - XBMC writes .nfo files and the fanart etc into the folder(s) where your movies are stored.

The python script described above does an export to separate files. If you look in the folders where you keep the films etc you'll see there is now an nfo files for each film. If/when you need to rebuild the library XBMC will read the film data from the nfo files.

JR
Thanks for your quick reply !

Is there any way to change the script to specify a destination path and export as a single file ?

Regards,

Phil.
I haven't tried it,but according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions you can use:

exportlibrary(music|video,false,filepath)
The given library will be exported to a single file stored at filepath location

JR
Thanks again jhsrennie. That command worked well.

Regards,

Phil.
(2011-09-07, 17:22)>>X<< Wrote:
Hyram Wrote:(Message to the rest of you hapless geeks, pay attention, take notes, and follow this example of excellent assistance!)

Not a necessary comment

Most people offer an idea before they waste their time giving a full explanation

You would be better off using

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin('exportlibrary(video,true,true,false,true)')

Using the above should only export movies with missing items no point exporting everything if its already been exported

Does anyone know which of the above i can turn from true to false so just art is exported, nothing else, no .tbn or nfo files.
@jhsrennie & Ghostdivision

Thank you for this info. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I automate library export?0