Suddenly lost audio
Tonight, I suddenly lost audio playback from within XBMC. I won't be able to access the log file until tomorrow morning but looking at it briefly the only line of interest was sometihing along the lines of

"FFMPG spdif multiplexer ... codec in compatible."

Everything seems to work fine outside of XBMC. I checked all of the settings within XBMC. It is set to COAX SPDIF with 5.1 audio. Other than that things look ok.

Everything was working last night and tonight nothing.

I will post the debug log when I can get on the computer later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Ok Figured it out this morning when going to retrieve the log file. The volume slider in XBMC was slid to the off position.

I am not sure how that slider got moved since I don't control volume there but it is working again.
I had this exact same problem with seeing the Audio being muted (icon) for some strange reason shown in the upper Right Hand Corner of the screen. I'm running XBMC 13.2 Windows 7 64 Bit. Audio was working find outside of XBMC but would not work within XBMC no matter what Audio selections I made. I did allot of research on Audio setting but none of them resolved my NO Audio condition.

Then I read this post and just hit my + on the keyboard to turn up the Volume control (Which I normally don't do within XBMC) and then the Red sound Muted Icon went away and I regained my Audio again. Not sure why this happened because I had not made any audio adjustments since I had upgraded to 13.2 some months ago. And I don't use this feature to increase or decrease my volume within XBMC. So something I assume was updated automatically on XBMC the last time I had launched it must have set my Audio to a Mute Audio Condition.

Anyway, the fix was just simply hitting my + / - keys to increase/decrease the volume levels and the Red Mute Icon went away and my Audio started working again perfectly. So thank you to the person who posted this simple fix that I am replying too. This reply is to verify increasing my volume within XBMC using the + / - keys resolved the problem and its now working 100% again. Thank you! Nod

Butch Landrie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suddenly lost audio0