Picture slideshow screensaver crashing XBMC (unstable)
XBMC has file system access to my entire photo library which is arranged in folders and sub-folders. I have one particular folder that contains photos of a recent holiday. The only significant difference between this folder and others is that the photos have been geo-tagged.

If I set the xbmc screen saver as a photo slideshow and that these photos are included in that slide show, xbmc inevitably crashes. It doesn't crash every time one of these photos are displayed and I haven't been able to determine if it is certain individual photos that are causing the problem.

Here is a debug log (NB i cut a huge amount from the middle as it was just repeated and made for a huge file):
http://pastebin.com/bjWAhR8Y

There are a huge number of Errors like this:
Code:
INFO:   msg: ExifParse - Nonfatal Error : Illegal number format %d for tag %04x 42680 43837

Additionally, if I navigate to this folder with xbmc pictures viewer, as the folder is selected the folder is scanned, before it is complete, xbmc crashes. Always. Here's a debug log showing that:

http://pastebin.com/91PkPKEV

No other programs, linux, windows or even iOS that I have tried have any problem with these photos. It just seems to be XBMC.

I'm thinking this might be a bug report, but just wanted check here first.

Cheers
Phil
With the bug report we'll need a sample image. Feel free to post on trac when you've isolated an image that produces the problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It's looking like you'll need the entire folder which is 1000 photos and approx 2gb! I've been doing some further testing with the xbmc pictures module to try and isolate the particular pictures that are causing the problem.

If I put all 1000 photos in a single folder xbmc always crashes when scanning the folder. So I split the 1000 photos into 9 separate folders and scanned each folder. Some crashed while scanning, some didn't. So the ones that did, I creates 2 sub folders and split all the pictures into those. Scanned each folder and neither crashed!

So, I really only have 2 thoughts as to what be causing the problem. Neither seem particularly plausible and I'm really clutching at straws.

1. Too many files in the folder to scan. Perhaps the number of files to be scanned combined with the number of errors scanning each file is causing an issue.

2. The log file too big. The log files produced during these sessions are very large (20-40mb) perhaps that's causing a problem.

Anybody got any better suggestions that I can look into?

Cheers
Phil
Question 
I've noticed in the nightly builds that a particular function for the screensaver is broken.

I have my music set to display my photos after 2 minutes of music playing.
Once the screensaver kicks in with my photos, it cycles thru pics fine until the end of the track & then stalls on the pic which is showing between songs playing. Music continues playing fine, but the picture is stuck.

If I have nothing playing e.g. sitting on home screen for 2 minutes, the pics start showing & no issues cycling thru pics. It is only when my music is playing & going between songs that it stops.

I'm running latest nightly, but it has been an issue for 6 weeks or so.
Stable build (10.1) is fine.
All media is running over wifi to my server.

Ideas?
I was able to isolate the problem a little more

ANY screenshots your take cause this same goes for most jpegs etc.

If you try to view the files individually by selecting random one from listing BAM xbmc kicks you to main screen, actaullay its really really odd I select a particular screenshot but instead of displaying the one I selected it actually display the 1st file on directory.

Any pictures taken with my canon EOS550D work perfectly but their massive. Seems like the bug is 100% reproducible with screenshots.

Dirty regions are disabled.

I will post a debug log here in a minute

edit

heres a debug log

http://pastebin.com/6NedT9bm

I haven't tested the issue with the music playing + slideshow problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture slideshow screensaver crashing XBMC (unstable)0