God somebody compile me one ill give you a tenner lol
a tenner?

I prefer an alto
X3lectric Wrote:a tenner?

I prefer an alto

A what?
X3lectric Wrote:a tenner?

I prefer an alto

Now, now this is a family board.. no sax or violins.
add-apt-repository [b]ppa:x3lectric/vaapi
[/b]
then install the packages by their names, I've put them on a pa for you so its time for you to find out [b]the names with the link I gave you before you should be heading somewhere, if not you always have a o
pen[/b][b]elec (should be named closedelec since you cant add your own stuff, but it come pre-ejaculated for you.

[/b]Theres a few on thiese boards that play the fiddle, me I cant play any instrument unless a woman is one.
Ok logged in to root using sudo bash

add-apt-repository ppa:x3lectric/vaapi

Does somthing then u lost me, everthing keeps failing on sudo apt-get install -y ia32-libs, also step for fails when i type vainfo, just says missing.

Dont get it..
er ok handholding? Did I sign up for long walks in the park as well?

ah no there's nothing in small print... Oo

Code:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade [b]fglrx[/b] [b]fglrx-dev libva-dev[/b] [b]libva1 libva -y[/b]
This should upgrade those packages presuming the ones you have are older which they should be.
Code:
update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/fglrx/ld.so.conf

/usr/lib/fglrx/bin/aticonfig --initial --sync-vsync=on -f
understand this, I am NOT a ATI/Intel user, its up to you to revise other posts and links here provided to you, this will HELP you gain some understanding of what its going on.

If this doesn't work idk, please consult other ATI setup topics and other posts and steps you already followed, PRACTICE makes perfect.

cheers Eek
Meh forget it, close the thread, bye all.
X3lectric Wrote:add-apt-repository ppa:x3lectric/vaapi

then install the packages by their names, I've put them on a pa for you so its time for you to find out the names with the link I gave you before you should be heading somewhere, if not you always have a openelec (should be named closedelec since you cant add your own stuff, but it come pre-ejaculated for you.

Theres a few on thiese boards that play the fiddle, me I cant play any instrument unless a woman is one.

X3lectric, if you don't like the setup of OpenELEC, fine with me. But don't start talking rubbish about it. It only gives you a bad name and takes down the friendliness of the forum, which shouldn't be the case. OpenELEC is an open-source project, fully supported by XBMC. The suggestion that it would be closed-source has no ground as you can compile your own custom build with no restrictions at all for all partitions. Also pre-ejaculated isn't something I would use for an OS that supports vaapi/vdpau by default.
@ therionate

If you can add or compile your own stuff, it is not obvious or no documentation exists, so hence the closed remark.

pre-ejaculated is to mean that openelec come pre-configured and supporting "most" setups out of the box. It is what it is and thats it (for now)

Again there is no documentation that indicated that I can add a FTP server or SFTP server or sabnzbd or compile xbmc form git without full rebuild of system as according to here, or install own updated drivers, without having to wait for a official openelec release.

I have asked the question and this was the answer.

so if that is wrong please post a reply to me on the openelec thread, otherwise Ill presume what I posted about the issue of adding removing stuff is true.

Also pls dont assume that my comments are to detract from openelec but to actually inform of full abilities of each to best of my knowledge which I actively sought to have, so I could comment on.

** I actually recommend openelec to ppl who only want xbmc and nothing else. because of this seeming restriction.

sorry if you feel vexed by my post, I try to base it on what I know and what I have been told.
Ok laptop is now in the garden with a brick on it!, CRAP

Now have a revo 3700 all up and running with 10.1 Live all working perfect, cant find any issues so far, was looking to update to a later stable though.

If i use this what will i get?

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc

?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live install?0