SVN feature
OK first I want to say I LOVE the new feature of adding a DVD cover for dvd/iso files. it would probably be better if you black cover with the DVD logo was the DVDs and the gold (or some other color) were for avi's/non-dvds. I love the blue for the HD.

One thing I notice is when I add a DVD it shows up with only a DVD media tag which is fine by me. It also had a gold cover with I think is pretty nice. But once it is played all the other media data is added and the gold cover goes away. I am not sure if this is by design but thought I would bring it up here.

I do really like this skin and the idea of taking full iso's with a DVD cover is pretty cool. Between this and the other issue I am having with playback I unfortunatly keep going back to night :\ which mind you I like that one very well too. I just liked the extras that this one provides.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work and it looks really great. I am sure I will keep trying this one for a longggg time.

Thanks,
SoBBie
ok after further research and reviewing the XML files from the git I found some additional information. The gold covers (case-sets.png) are actually for items that do not have a resolution and the DVD covers are for anything other then 720 and 1080.

<texture fallback="case-sets.png">case$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution].png</texture>

That is great but what I am trying to do is have HD content 720 and 1080 with the blueray cover, all ISO files (that is how I store my DVDs) with the DVD cover and a separate cover for all other files (avi's, wmv, ect.).

Is that possible. I always see the DVD media flag so I assume there is a way to add that functionality to the cover. I would love to have some assistance with this. I am sure it is only a quick change to the ViewType_Showcase.xml file.

I would be happy to do that but I have not modded a skin since before the add-in days. is there anything special I have to do? can I just change the current file if so where is that file found?

Appreciate any help

Great skin and thanks for all the hard work.

SoBBie

PS something I noticed was the Genre looks funny in the latest svn.
super_sobbie Wrote:ok after further research and reviewing the XML files from the git I found some additional information. The gold covers (case-sets.png) are actually for items that do not have a resolution and the DVD covers are for anything other then 720 and 1080.

<texture fallback="case-sets.png">case$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution].png</texture>

That is great but what I am trying to do is have HD content 720 and 1080 with the blueray cover, all ISO files (that is how I store my DVDs) with the DVD cover and a separate cover for all other files (avi's, wmv, ect.).

Is that possible. I always see the DVD media flag so I assume there is a way to add that functionality to the cover. I would love to have some assistance with this. I am sure it is only a quick change to the ViewType_Showcase.xml file.

I would be happy to do that but I have not modded a skin since before the add-in days. is there anything special I have to do? can I just change the current file if so where is that file found?

Appreciate any help

Great skin and thanks for all the hard work.

SoBBie

PS something I noticed was the Genre looks funny in the latest svn.

Try working with the code in the IncludesCodeFlagging.xml in this section:

Code:
<control type="image">
            <description>DVD Image</description>
            <width>60</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/dvd.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,dvd) + !substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,hddvd) + ![substring(ListItem.Filename,bluray) | substring(ListItem.Filename,blu-ray) | substring(ListItem.Filename,brrip) | substring(ListItem.Filename,.m2ts,Right) | substring(ListItem.Filename,.bdmv,Right) | [[!substring(ListItem.Filename,dvdrip) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,sddvd) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,blu-ray) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,brrip) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,tvrip) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,pdtv) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,hddvd) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,sdtv) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,hdtv) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,.evo,Right) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,.ifo,Right) + !substring(ListItem.Filename,.vob,Right)] + [Container.Content(Movies) | Window.IsVisible(VideoPlaylist)] + [stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,720) | stringcompare(ListItem.VideoResolution,1080)]]]</visible>
        </control>

And implemeting the "substring" portion as part of a visibility in Viewtype_Showcase.xml here:

Code:
<control type="image" id="60">
    <posx>-7</posx>
    <posy>60</posy>
    <width>225</width>
    <height>350</height>
    <visible>!stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase) + !Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
    <animation type="Focus" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" center="80,238" start="81" end="100" time="400" tween="back" easing="out" />
    </animation>
    <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

It's definitely possible - I just don't have the desire are the moment. Big Grin Basically you want to have to DVD cover used when the substring also matches 'substring(ListItem.Filename,.iso,Right)' .

Good Luck - I may get to this in time, but it's low on my list.
-stoli-
Thanks Smile I will have to play with that when I get a chance. And, yes you are correct, I want a DVD cover when it is a full ISO/DVD not just any file.

Thanks again Big Grin
SoBBie
Ok I have a question for the experts. I was reviewing the files and I have came up with what I think are 2 ways to do this.

First question is are both these ways valid, and second which one is the preferred method?

Method 1:
Code:
                        <posx>-7</posx>
                        <posy>60</posy>
                        <width>225</width>
                        <height>350</height>
                        <texture>case-dvd.png</texture>
                        <visible>substring(ListItem.Filename,.iso,Right) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase) + !Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
                        <visible>!substring(ListItem.Filename,.iso,Right) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase) + !Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
                            <effect type="zoom" center="80,238" start="81" end="100" time="400" tween="back" easing="out" />
                        </animation>
                    </control>

I am not sure if you can even have 2 different <visible> tags so I am not sure if this is correct.

Method 2:
Code:
                        <posx>-7</posx>
                        <posy>60</posy>
                        <width>225</width>
                        <height>350</height>
                        <visible>!substring(ListItem.Filename,.iso,Right) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase) + !Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
                        </animation>
                    </control>

<posx>-7</posx>
                        <posy>60</posy>
                        <width>225</width>
                        <height>350</height>
                        <texture>case-dvd.png</texture>
                        <visible>substring(ListItem.Filename,.iso,Right) + !stringcompare(ListItem.Label,..) + !Skin.HasSetting(HideVideoCase) + !Container.Content(tvshows)</visible>
                        </animation>
                    </control>

This one I believe will show only one of the two items. I am not sure if you can have two <control type="image" id="60"> with an id equal to 60. Please let me know if I am on the right track. I will try to do some more research as I play with this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
SoBBie
You are better off with the second entry. Without checking the code, you may not even need the id=. You can try just <control type="image">.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN feature0