• 1(current)
'Best' skin?
So after install I started using the MediaStream_Redux skin, and while it is nice, I'm not a huge fan of the Movies/TV layouts. They're nice, but nothing overly amazing.

So I started looking around at different skins and I did find some great ones, but wanted to get the communities opinions.

I am running an Acer Revo 1600 (w/ 2g ram), so I can't do anything too crazy, but I still (obviously) want it to look amazing.

What are your favorite skins? Why that one over another? What would you recommend? etc...

Thanks!
reFocus. Link in my signature.
reFocus - Simply the best
I'll have to check it out. Any reasons why it's the best? Or just because you like it? Or just because it is? Tongue
Now it's to the point where it's all personal preference.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
There's so many options, it's exactly as darkscout says: it's all a matter of personal preference now.
Fair enough. Though I was mostly asking for your personal preferences lol Laugh
ProfessorChimpo Wrote:Fair enough. Though I was mostly asking for your personal preferences lol Laugh

For me, my fav is transparency. Runs very well on a Revo 1600 (just be sure to enable dds fanart compression in advancedsettings.xml)
Green is my favourite flavour.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I Simply have no favorites. But the Simplicity of downloading them for yourself is very Simple. I would not say I'm a fan of any in particular, I Simply cannot decide.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
DejaVu Wrote:I Simply have no favorites. But the Simplicity of downloading them for yourself is very Simple. I would not say I'm a fan of any in particular, I Simply cannot decide.

great post. I will try to have something simple too.
gabbott Wrote:For me, my fav is transparency. Runs very well on a Revo 1600 (just be sure to enable dds fanart compression in advancedsettings.xml)

Great tip. Thanks. Running a Zbox ID11.

I was hooked on Alaska Revisited for a long time but recently switched to Transparency. I like the way it lets the fanart shine through and the OSD gets out of the way.
Big Grin 
DejaVu Wrote:I Simply have no favorites. But the Simplicity of downloading them for yourself is very Simple. I would not say I'm a fan of any in particular, I Simply cannot decide.

LOL... I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that was particularly clever... I guess I amuse easily. Laugh
I don't think any skin could be named as the best skin.

I guess it is all a mix of personal preferences along with the way certain personal favorite features is implemented, such as cdart, tvtunes, etc.

My personal favorite skins so far are reFocus, Simplicity and Neon Smile
I love Night, I always come back to night, altough I love reFocus but my gf hates it...
I like Alaska Revisited. Snappy performance on my new 1.6GHz build.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Best' skin?0