[RELEASE] Video bookmarks browser
Hi,

I have created a script to fetch the list of video bookmarks from the database. It then copies the list of bookmars into window properties (together with the movie or tvshow episode info) so it can be use in any xbmc skin.

I use it myself as a reminder (and easy access) to movies or TVshows that are in progress. As my wife and I watch different series and with the kids usually we don't have time to watch an entire episode or movie the same day (usually it takes several days!! :-) This way it is easy for us to keep track of the ones that are in progress as soon as we start XBMC. Before we were using smart playlists but it was a pain to navigate to them and it is not as cool as this :-D

You can see how it can be used in a skin in this post, I use the Aeon Nox skin now so it is made for that skin. This is a screenshot of how it looks like (more in the post link).

The addon sets the following window properties in the home window (among others but this is the most important ones I think)
  • VideoBookmark.?.Title
  • VideoBookmark.?.Extra
  • VideoBookmark.?.RemainingTime
  • VideoBookmark.?.Thumb
  • VideoBookmark.?.Fanart

The ? is a number starting from 1 indicating the number of bookmark. They are sorted by remainingtime.

You can pass the following optional parameters:
  • limit: number of video bookmarks to get
  • resume: just retrieve the resume bookmarks or all
  • unique: only retrieve one bookmark for a video (the latest one)

The source code of the addon called script.video.bookmarks.browser is in github and you can fetch it from:

https://github.com/pilluli/script.video....ks.browser

Right now the script uses the deprecated HTTP-API but I plan to update it to JSON-RPC as soon as there is support to get video bookmarks from the DB (right now it is missing).

The script is mainly based on the, now defunct, recentlyadded script so many thanks to the authors of that script.
Hi!

I really like the idéa of this script. Have been looking for something like this to keep track of unfinished movies and series.

I tried your clone of Aeon Nox with the latest nightie. The In progress widget shows up, but I can't reach it in any way. Up arrow doesn't work. Have tried to disable all other widgets, locked menu, and a lot of other stuff.

Any idéas? I'm using win7.
Hello,

I'm a newbie in using XBMC since a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking for some bookmark solutions like that!
How I have to install this in my skin? Is this a normal addon to be installed via the addon browser in XBMC?

(2011-11-20, 19:23)Eldritch Wrote: Hi!

I really like the idéa of this script. Have been looking for something like this to keep track of unfinished movies and series.

I tried your clone of Aeon Nox with the latest nightie. The In progress widget shows up, but I can't reach it in any way. Up arrow doesn't work. Have tried to disable all other widgets, locked menu, and a lot of other stuff.

Any idéas? I'm using win7.

No idea, it should work .. maybe you have to download the latest version from github (and sorry for the delay answering this, did not see the reply).

(2012-05-20, 11:31)Bladerunner1962 Wrote: Hello,

I'm a newbie in using XBMC since a couple of weeks.

I'm also looking for some bookmark solutions like that!
How I have to install this in my skin? Is this a normal addon to be installed via the addon browser in XBMC?

You have to install the addon manually, but it is really simple. Just download the zip file from the github repository:

https://github.com/pilluli/script.video....ks.browser

and decompress it in the addon folder of your machine running XBMC. That's it.

However, with only the addon you won't see anything different on your XBMC. You need a modified skin that supports the addon, as far as I know only my modification of the skin Aeon Nox works with it so you will have to download it as well.

https://github.com/pilluli/Aeon-Nox/tree...ess_widget

and install it by downloading the zip file and decompressing it in the addon folder.

Regards,
Nice stuff! By any chance have you enhanced the scripts to work with Frodo?
@pilluli

Were you able to change script to use JSON-RPC? HTTP API no longer works in Gotham!
Sorry xbmc-user but I don't use this script anymore and haven't updated it. Again sorry for that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Video bookmarks browser0