Couple of newbie questions
Hello all

Couple of questions I would like some help with

Is there a way to remove / not have a password requirement to access my media files within my computer over xbmc, at first I was unsure what user and password it was, then I read it was my windows login details, ive now setup a login for windows and now I can access the media via xbmc, thing is I don't normally use a windows login, is it possible to access the media via xbmc without a user and pass ?
You could access your shares in windows and mount them as network drives. This would have them auto login within windows and you could set the sources within xbmc
Is that easy to setup?
All media is on a 2nd hdd within the system there not on c drive
Thanks for reply
If it is asking for a password to access network shares that is a Windows issue. That should not be a real problem because you can login automatically in Windows. I copied this text from the internet:

Press Windows R. A command box should appear. Type control userpasswords2 and hit the enter key. This should display the User Accounts screen in Windows 7. Select the user account in the main table and uncheck the “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. A click on the Apply button will open the Automatically Log On window. Enter the password and confirm it to add the password to the system so that it does not need to be entered during logon.

neeltje57.
-------------------------------
HTPC, ASRock Vision 3D 156B
Harmony Remote 555
Windows 7, slimmed
Ok, I was too quick. The previous post doesnot apply to local hdd. I never heard of Windows asking for a password to access a local hdd. I pass.
Harmony Remote 555
Windows 7, slimmed
its not my main hdd
its a 2nd hdd within ( d: drive )

your info worked !
many many thanks
if local, then you shouldn't need a pass
isamu.dragon Wrote:if local, then you shouldn't need a pass

by local i assume you mean main hdd c:

my media isnt local
No, local means a hdd attached to you PC, definitely your c-drive but in your case probably also the second one, drive-d, if it is physically mounted in your machine and visible in the bios.

But if your Windows is asking for a password for that local drive-d, it probably is not a local drive but a share somewhere else. Otherwise I have no idea.

neeltje57.
Harmony Remote 555
Windows 7, slimmed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of newbie questions0