Visibility on window open/close
Hi,

In my xperience1080 mod I have a window open/close slide animation similar to the xbox 360 dashboard. I'm using the following windowopen & windowclose animations for the group to hide it after the open animation is done and show it for the close animation:

Code:
<animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
  <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" />
  <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="1010" time="0" />
</animation>
<animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
  <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" />
</animation>

The problem is now that although it seems the group is hidden, it's not the same as if I use a visible condition so scrolling etc. is pretty slow. If I use a visible condition, the windowclose animation won't work. Is there any way to solve this problem? Would it maybe be possible to really hide a control if there's a fade animation with end="0" on window open?
I think I solved it. Since Window.Next(id) triggers just before the windowclose animation, I can use that in the visible condition.

Edit:
It would be really helpful, if you could just use Window.Next without a window id or name.
What happens if you use Window.Next()?
Doesn't work.
Worth a shot.
And if you invert the visibility like this: !Window.Next(startup)
Not working either because that's always true... for now it's working (have to check for every window) but would be good if there were Window.Next() which were always true on a window change... would work with custom windows also then.
Why is scrolling slow if the group is visible but faded to 0? It shouldn't make any difference (though on slow (i.e. embedded) hardware the additional blend may give a penalty)

One trick you might want to investigate is using a hidden anim perhaps - not sure if that will work on windowopen though as the control won't be initially visible. You may be able to do it with 2 controls though (first becomes visible, second switches to hidden based on the first visible state?)

As for a condition that's only applicable during a window open/close anim, I can look into it I guess - atm Window.Next/Previous is there by design to allow different transistions between different windows, rather than being there to detect whether a transistion should occur or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have several image controls with the covers for the animation... if I just fade the group with those controls to 0, it seems that all controls are still being processed which is not the case if the group is hidden by a visible condition. I forgot to set background="true", otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it... with fade to 0 scrolling slow, with <visible>false</visible> all smooth. So I need a condition which is true just before the close animation triggers and Window.Next(id) does that but as I mentioned I have to check every window and can't use Window.Next().

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visibility on window open/close1