Installing Skins ATV2
I installed XBMC on my ATV2. I went into the Skin section and in the available downloads there was only three skins to choose and two of them had broken next to them.

What is the procedure for manually downloading skins and installing them onto an ATV2. I've used the Aeon skin as a trial and I've downloading the zip file and uploaded it to the device and tried to install from zip but it didn't like the format. I've tried extracting and copying the skin to the XBMC\skin location as mentioned in other posts. No luck.

Any ideas?
Athos_Lor Wrote:I installed XBMC on my ATV2. I went into the Skin section and in the available downloads there was only three skins to choose and two of them had broken next to them.

that's because we like to make things easy for new users...
give them no options to choose from, so they can't screw up ;-)

Athos_Lor Wrote:What is the procedure for manually downloading skins and installing them onto an ATV2. I've used the Aeon skin as a trial and I've downloading the zip file and uploaded it to the device and tried to install from zip but it didn't like the format. I've tried extracting and copying the skin to the XBMC\skin location as mentioned in other posts. No luck.

most likely you tried to install a Aeon version that's not compatible the xbmc version you're using.
you need a skin that's xbmc pre-eden compatible...i'm not sure if any of the available Aeon mods are.
check the Aeon forum section to find out :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Skins ATV20