Sluggish animations in latest dirty regions nightly builds
are you running any scripts at startup?

if so, might be this bug: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11528
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yes, I'm running scripts at startup... will try without.

€: Freezes directly after startup now, don't think it's a problem with scripts.
`Black Wrote:Yes, I'm running scripts at startup... will try without.

€: Freezes directly after startup now, don't think it's a problem with scripts.

Getting this also but it just happened and my XBMC build is like 1-2 weeks old. The just started to happen 2 days ago. Having a hard time pinpointing it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Have you tried fresh databases?

I was recently trying an early July nightly build. Userdata contained databases from a 10.1 install. The upgrade of the databases seemed to be failing and was spiking CPU usage. Once I started with fresh databases everything went back to normal, i.e. no sluggish GUI.
Sorry 'bout that - I've already fixed the issues with crashing (was some silly assumptions that kicked in once I switched back from double to unsigned int). Will push another build now.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Updated build works fine and it's as smooth as it could be. Thank you very much. Smile
Heh - did you steal it from:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/..._times.exe

It might be moved into mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/ in a bit. (Billy the buildbot is a bit cranky about where he decrees things should end up...)

EDIT: It's been moved here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/XBMC..._times.exe

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yep, that's where I got it. Big Grin
Please also try testing with d-r on and also with nofliptimeout set to 0 like so:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
    <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
  </gui>
</advancedsettings>

That's basically the worse-case scenario for measuring/smoothing timestamps (and the best-case scenario for performance).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Looks fine with d-r on (no difference to off) and nofliptimeout (whatever this is).
jmarshall Wrote:It might be moved into mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/ in a bit. (Billy the buildbot is a bit cranky about where he decrees things should end up...)

I was wondering if Billy speaks OS X (or at least taking some lessons ATM)?

I was trying to get on kids Win PC but they sent me out of the room saying I'm not entitled to during holidays...
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

We're getting the kinks ironed out on win32 first (in Billy that is!) Trick is getting it to upload to the right spot!

Thanks for testing `Black - I'll be doing a pull req later today for review.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Wow, really fast. I might even have to slow down my animations a bit to compensate Big Grin
Tried with d-r on and nofliptimeout to 0 as well, didn't notice a significant speed difference.

edit: just noticed that in this build I can't press I to get to the movie information dialog, going through the context menu does work.
Great work JM. Even scrolling with fanart enabled is smoother and faster.

Jeroen Wrote:edit: just noticed that in this build I can't press I to get to the movie information dialog, going through the context menu does work.

I've had theat on a few nightlies recently.
As you can see in this video, dr is making things a little smoother with my system(i3-530, win7x64).

Another thing I noticed while playing around with this build.
Whenever the weatherplus and the nextAired addons are both active at startup, xbmc will freeze.
But when some other program or the taskbar is in focus and xbmc is starting in the "background"
it will not freeze. See for yourself.
Maybe that´s somehow related to ronie´s trac ticket#11528 or it´s just a weird
coincidence with my system. I saved both Debug Log´s if someone is interested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sluggish animations in latest dirty regions nightly builds0